Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can trade my quad straigt up for the polaris
the polaris is bone stock but i might be able to come with a pipe and diff electronics

or i can get the ski doo
i have to throw in 500 bucks

what machine is better?
anything to look out for
i hear the first xp's were junk and you have to rebuild every 1500 miles

what should i do

my quad is a 2008 can am outlander 800 ltd max efi

·
Registered
42 Posts
The bad thing about the switch is that the rear skid isn't coupled but on the other hand the 2008 800r had clutching issues so you would need to put a team clutch kit on. So i thing its pretty much a draw.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The 08 XP chassis weren't that great, a few odd recalls that you will want to check up on. Also that year of the chassis didn't carve worth hell.

The '09 600 has the most bulletproof motor in the industry, on the best front and rear suspension.

And the Switchback would be nice if it comes with a PowerCommander (I think thats what you mean by different electronics)) And the pipe would be nice. The 700 CFI is known to be pretty bulletproof and is also known for its very wide powerband, overall a great crossover junkie. Or the Ski-Doo would work well for that too, except that 800 only has 151 HP I believe, and the 700 with a controller box and pipes will run around 155

So I would have to say, if you do much off trail at all, get the Switchback, love tight trails but don't need excessive power, The 600 Dragon, and

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dragon700 said:
The 08 XP chassis weren't that great, a few odd recalls that you will want to check up on. Also that year of the chassis didn't carve worth hell.

The '09 600 has the most bulletproof motor in the industry, on the best front and rear suspension.

And the Switchback would be nice if it comes with a PowerCommander (I think thats what you mean by different electronics)) And the pipe would be nice. The 700 CFI is known to be pretty bulletproof and is also known for its very wide powerband, overall a great crossover junkie. Or the Ski-Doo would work well for that too, except that 800 only has 151 HP I believe, and the 700 with a controller box and pipes will run around 155

So I would have to say, if you do much off trail at all, get the Switchback, love tight trails but don't need excessive power, The 600 Dragon, and
i take back what i said the 136 is coupled so then the 08 polaris dragon 700 switch is the better of the two sled because the 08 800r had a lot of recalls. i knew a guy who had a 08 800r and a 2009 800r could smoke a 2008 800r

1 - 6 of 6 Posts