Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is out of season, but I had some questions. Last summer, I blew up our family Jet Ski. It was a 2002 Sea Doo RX. We bought it new, and had an amazing 8 years out of it. The crank failed last summer, but what can I say, I rode the heck out of it.
Anyway, I was at our local dealer open house last weekend and they are selling an 08 Sea Doo RXT X. It is a carryover, and has never touched the water. It has a 255hp supercharged 4 stroke, and I am worried about losing maneuverability with the longer 3 seater.
Does anyone have experience with this watercraft, or advantages/disadvantages?
Thanks
Fasty

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Do you know the difference between the RTX X and the RXT? Because I winterized an RXT lat week and they don't look like manuverability would be an ussue on them. My 93 SLT 750 3-seater manuvers great and the RXT looked a bit shorter. But I don't know if it's the X that makes the variation between 2 and 3?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The RXT is a 215 and the RXTX is a 255 supercharged, I believe. They are both big 2 seaters, or mini 3 seaters

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Okay then I was working on the same one. It was 255 supercharged. It really looks like it would manuver fine but I've never actually drivin one so take it with a grain of salt.

I would think it would make up for the lack of manuverability if there is any in raw hp.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it looks like it does, actually. My 03 RX had 135hp, and that was enough. Now, I am graduating to 255hp. Wow, thats gonna be rediculous.

Was it easy to winterize?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
MXZfasty02 said:
Yeah it looks like it does, actually. My 03 RX had 135hp, and that was enough. Now, I am graduating to 255hp. Wow, thats gonna be rediculous.

Was it easy to winterize?
It wasn't bad. We didn't change the oil because the guy that drove it only put like 5 hours on it all summer. Not much different then winterizing your RX.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
It seems as they get newer, they get better in every aspect. I believe the new ones are throttle by wire as well. My dads 2000 GP1200 ( which is now mine ), handled worse than my 1998 XL1200 ( 3-seater ), but his was also close to 20mph faster top end. I dont think maneuverability would be a problem with a newer ski.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts