Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove the new 6.4 twin turbo ford diesel and wow unbeliveable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe in WI but every major ford dealer in MI has at least one on the lot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and im pretty sure they're for sale on ebay already hmmmmmmmmm?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,888 Posts
I had heard through a diesal forum about them. Apparently it looks like you have to pull the cab to get at the motor...guess it's set back pretty far. As far as the power, guess there isn't much noticeable power difference.

What did you think of them nevar_enough, besides unbelievable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,722 Posts
The dealer has one in janesville Wi. F-450 dualy, crew cab, that sucker was smoking yesterday. Took it around the lot, I could not get the smile off my face.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Blackcat
[br]I had heard through a diesal forum about them. Apparently it looks like you have to pull the cab to get at the motor...guess it's set back pretty far. As far as the power, guess there isn't much noticeable power difference.

What did you think of them nevar_enough, besides unbelievable?
while besides the power some other cool stuff like instant heat and not having to wait for the glow plugs the interior is awsome too. but yes the motor does look kind of packed in there, my buddy owns a ford dealership I will call him and see if you really have to pull the cab to get at the motor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,888 Posts
^ Something else that would be nice to clear up. Apparently the resonator needs to be cleaned every so many miles and replaced after like 150,000 miles. Pretty spendy piece if the rumors are correct as well. I believe they were saying about $5,000.

There is definetely some cool new features, the part that scares me is that as history tells us problems follow the introduction of a something new.

There's alot of new things on that pickup...

Should be interesting seeing how Dodge and Chevy respond.

It's also going to be quite interesting to see how the big 3 will handle the 2010 Emissions. (I'm not sure the '08 Ford passes, I doubt it though)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Originally posted by Blackcat
[br
Should be interesting seeing how Dodge and Chevy respond.

It's also going to be quite interesting to see how the big 3 will handle the 2010 Emissions. (I'm not sure the '08 Ford passes, I doubt it though)
The cummins in the dodge is meeting 2010 emission standard right now. http://www.autospectator.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7610 That exhaust probaly is going to be something where you can remove and clean. The one thing is that if you blow a turbo, or oil is in the exhaust they can't clean it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I think the new Ford trucks are so ugly. it may be amazing, but i just hate the headlights.

Hopefully its a good drive though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by 03SSF7
[br]I think the new Ford trucks are so ugly. it may be amazing, but i just hate the headlights.

Hopefully its a good drive though
its a good idea from what i see, but most places in canada have a regulation on the hieght of head lights on lifted trucks, so by putting the head light under the signal light it gives you that much more to lift. with out putting on lights under the bumper that look bad. there is a guy in town that has a 99 250super duty with 15" of lift and had to lower the lights (looks bad)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
Originally posted by 03SSF7
[br]I think the new Ford trucks are so ugly. it may be amazing, but i just hate the headlights.

Hopefully its a good drive though
i 100% agree, i really hate the way the new fords look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,722 Posts
To the guys that hate the new look...Get used to it, as trucks get taller the dot requires the lights be so high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]The dealer has one in janesville Wi. F-450 dualy, crew cab, that sucker was smoking yesterday. Took it around the lot, I could not get the smile off my face.
Sweet, did you happened to see MSRP sticker eh? [:D] I think around $73,000 give or take, if I remember.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-6-4L-DIESEL-KING-RANCH-4X4_W0QQitemZ140084364715QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39416QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there ya go ladies. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
it sits to low for a truck and looks like a car also me personly i would take a cummin's over power choke anyday but i have riden in some fords that will get right up and move but my own thoughtis you want tork go with the cummins cant beat a straight 6 verses a v8 power stroke i know they all have there ups and downs but thats just me why stroke it when you can ram it hehehe. nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
Originally posted by adam411
[br]
Originally posted by 03SSF7
[br]I think the new Ford trucks are so ugly. it may be amazing, but i just hate the headlights.

Hopefully its a good drive though
i 100% agree, i really hate the way the new fords look.
i hate the way the headlight looks too, maybe it will grow on me though, I like Dodge and i love the way they look but thats just my opinion, they are all good trucks, cummins is the best[:)],
[blue]"i'd rather be cummin than strokin"[/size=3][/blue]
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top