Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 600 Dragon that is a flat out dog. 02,04,05, 600Edges eating me up. I added 144 studs, all else stock, sled topped out at 91mph after a long lake run. Has about 725miles on it. Anyone with any ideas on what to check out, others I spoke with are seeing triple digits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not quite the answer I was looking for, thanks for the offer, the 02 that beat up on me was mine at one point. 02EdgeX.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i have a 06 600 and i have not seen triple digits but i like the low end torque more..i like the corner to corner

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
check your clutch springs. how high of RPM's are you getting? did you buy it used? if so check the gear ratio! Track Tension?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just expected more top end on a HO 600 Cleanfire. My 05 anniversay edge had a lot more grunt to it than this thing does.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
polarisfan09 said:
Not quite the answer I was looking for, thanks for the offer, the 02 that beat up on me was mine at one point. 02EdgeX.
do you remeber what size the 02 was? i know the 700's had alot of power and (6 less then the 800's that year) and haul ass... 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bought the sled brand new last January,max rpm I saw was 8250, I don't know what the gear ratio is whatever stock is. I will assume the track tension is fine sled was recently serviced, did not have any top end last season either. O2 I had was a 600. The new owner just Ripsawed it and the thing flat out goes.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i can outrun my brotherinlaws 07/08? (dont member year) 700 dragon efi, so idk what to tell ya, and from what ive been told (im not really sure) the Ripsaw actually lowers ur top speed, i dont know if i belive it or not (i dont have one on my sled)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
check track tension. otherwise i think the 600 dragons were geared like ditch bangers so they might not be too quick, but they get there fast

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right out of the box it didn't have any snot, dealer adjusted oil pump said it was rich. This seems to be my first dog out of many, all other sleds I have owned in the last 8 years made me respect them. This one gets no respect.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
they set the pumps rich for breakin right from factory, ur dealer is supposed to re tune after 300-400 milesish,, the dragon is a good sled how many miles u have on it?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
just checked. stock gears are 23/39. stock gearing in 09 800 dragon is 25/40. so it has balanced gearing.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Dragon700 said:
just checked. stock gears are 23/39. stock gearing in 09 800 dragon is 25/40. so it has balanced gearing.

isnt that pretty tall gearing? i have 42 bottom on my sled.. maybe drop down to shift the clutchs out all the way?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
it is if anything geared a little low. if speed is what you really want, put in 24/41. that will giv her some zip. but will be a little laggy on the low end

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
im running a 25/42 and its crazy, i have tons of accel and still an amazing top speed, (still pullin at 115 on tach yess i know not real speed,,,) "Thinksno" is an awesome guy who knows his stuff, maybe someone can pm him an get some more info on gearing.. he helped me alot....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anyone have an outlet with a gear ratio chart to speed output? I must add that most of my riding is done in Maine and Canada, pretty much high speed trail riding.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I've got a chart, but it's for the Edge's. I think the IQ's have a different pitch track and maybe different drivers. I don't know if my chart would work for you.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
im getting 115-118 on speedo, which is about 100-103 on radar, granted its an edge but still some sort of idea, as RUBI said idk what the totall diffrences are between the two chassis

1 - 20 of 25 Posts