Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a (white) 2009 Dragon 155 with a blown motor for 1500.00. After market venting, bumpers and powder pro skis. Track needs to be replaced). I think I did ok. Great summer project. I am going to install my 2002 800 EDGE RMK big block into this sled.

Has anyone here done this? I'm looking for advice on the following issues.

1. SLP makes a pipe / can kit, I'm told will work.

2. Power Addiction makes the motor mounting plate.

Plan on using: 1. 2002 wiring haress (easy? hard?). 2. Fuel Pump.

Issues to solve: 1. Air box 2. Gas Tank feed tube?

Reverse kit anyone? parts list for the reverse kit? I know I would need to replace the flywheel on the 2002.

Thank you for any advice you can share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Joemt; 03-28-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: more info and questions

·
Registered
521 Posts
Joemt said:
Hello,

I just bought a (white) 2009 Dragon 155 with a blown motor for 1500.00. After market venting, bumpers and powder pro skis. Track needs to be replaced). I think I did ok. Great summer project. I am going to install my 2002 800 EDGE RMK big block into this sled.

Has anyone here done this? I'm looking for advice on the following issues.

1. SLP makes a pipe / can kit, I'm told will work.

2. Power Addiction makes the motor mounting plate.

Plan on using: 1. 2002 wiring haress (easy? hard?). 2. Fuel Pump.

Issues to solve: 1. Air box 2. Gas Tank feed tube?

Reverse kit anyone? parts list for the reverse kit? I know I would need to replace the flywheel on the 2002.

Thank you for any advice you can share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Joemt; 03-28-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: more info and questions
why not just rebuild the CFI 800? it is a way better engine.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
i have a friend with a motor plate for that swap that he bought and never used you could prolly get it fairly cheap pm me for his contact info if your interested

·
Registered
219 Posts
ive had an 08 dragon 800 155. id have to say putting a big block in it will be a bit of a buzz kill. they just dont have the snap or power of a ves motor. a rebuild. or a 600 ves with 660 race kit would make that sled scream. IMO

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
while ur going through all this work why not get a new 800 and drop it in? then itd be something worth it..

[dunno]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to do a motor with Indy Dan.

bj.hardy said:
while ur going through all this work why not get a new 800 and drop it in? then itd be something worth it..

[dunno]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please don't let others people stop you man! It can be done amd has been done many times by alot of people. I have probably the best version as I have built 3 now growing pains and all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts