Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

sadly i just ceased my engine over the weekend.

It wasn't so bad, wait what the hell am i talking about? Had over 2,000 kms on it. Bought the
machine new last year december 2009. I was ultra-busy for the beginning of the snow season and
totally forgot about a "Free engine upgrade paid by Polaris" didn't look into the offer until it was
too late. They won't upgrade my machine, even tho they said so.

So, i ceased the motor. And now i'm looking into buying the parts myself. Thought about it, and i'm not really sure i want OEM parts.

Looking for suggestions as for cylinders - heads - pistons to buy.

The "free upgrade" was to remove the 2009 shitty parts and replace them with 2010 cylinders-heads and pistons.

Anything out there i should be aware of.

Would like to have my beast out a few more times before the season is over.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
dealer should extend the warrenty. however if you HAVE to buy the parts, ask the dealer for the exact parts they put it.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Dual ring pistons, SLP head, Power commander 5.

I'm not sure exactly how the recall/warranty/repairs are written. But the service bulletin Poalaris set out could VOID the original warranty unless you abided by the recall specifications. you could very well be SOL for waiting too long and not getting your sled in on time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, looking into different dealer.

Downside is that the closet dealer is a good 4 hr drive. Live up in northern canada. The closet one after that
is a 6 hour drive and after that 8 hours. !!! yeah, quite the commitment hey?

thanks guys

Thinking of bitting the bullet, trade it in. Still weighing out the pro's and con's of doing so.

***ty deal, this time last year it was my engine mounts. Sheared off and that was my season. Wasn't really sure
what the problem was. Maybe low-quality of parts made in China.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts