Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never really got an official one going for Ontario and same with last year no one ever really got around to it so here it is!

Right where I am we are getting a lot more snow, it's been snowing solid all morning to now and we have probably got about onother 7 cm on top of the 30 or so we got the last storm. Roads are a mess because it's pretty wet snow. Anyone get any of the rain they were calling for? they said it was supposed to but I don't think it will where I am. I'm going out later on one of my friends sleds [thumb]Need to fix mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
I live between Sarnia and London and we have been getting hammered all day, expecting another 30cm by the end of the day Monday, 30cm to our friends to the south is about a foot! I'm taking the day of work tommorrow and will probobly run from here to Parkhill way and up to Grand Bend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
I'm about 30km east of Sarnia, got eight inches on the ground and its still coming strong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
ya man you must just live around the corner from me, now the snow is so deep and blowing so bad we can't even really ride!! too much wind. But give it a day to settle and away we go!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PolarisBoy1996 said:
I'm about 30km east of Sarnia, got eight inches on the ground and its still coming strong.
I just saw your post on the london snow thing, didn't mean to steal your idea.

We got tons of snow! Busses were cancelled today and I sledded all day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
PolarisBoy1996 said:
I'm about 30km east of Sarnia, got eight inches on the ground and its still coming strong.
I just saw your post on the london snow thing, didn't mean to steal your idea.

We got tons of snow! Busses were cancelled today and I sledded all day.
No big deal, doesn't matter who started the thread!
We have a foot on the ground and the lake effect is supposed to continue tonight, hopefully busses are cancelled tomorrow as well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Busses were cancelled here again but I still had to work from 8-6. We have tons of snow here. Talked to a guy today and the trails will probably be opening Saturday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
Busses were cancelled here again but I still had to work from 8-6. We have tons of snow here. Talked to a guy today and the trails will probably be opening Saturday.
Buses were cancelled here too, we have a solid foot on the ground. Not sure if the trails will open up around here soon or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
I just went from warwick village to watford and about half of it was trail, it was deep, makin my clutch slip but buddy had no problem, he got stuck once, on my way home the groomer from the Warwick sc was out and did a small test run around the club house, so i ripped it on the smooth stuff for a minute!!

Fonz27 said:
I just went from warwick village to watford and about half of it was trail, it was deep, makin my clutch slip but buddy had no problem, he got stuck once, on my way home the groomer from the Warwick sc was out and did a small test run around the club house, so i ripped it on the smooth stuff for a minute!!
PS the trails are not open, we went through some bush sections and there are still a bunch of trees down and limbs hanging over the trail, but it was passible and deep!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
here in sudbury we got hit pretty hard sunday into monday, not sure how much snow we got they called for 20-30 but with the strong winds its just a lot of deep drifts ive had some up to my waist, checked out certain trails they need the snow to be even out and moved to clear the bald spots from the wind. but who knows when the groomers will be out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Your right on there man, there was a few rough spot in the field that were still plowed but it was still a good ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I forget where it was, someone else may know. But I heard on the news everyone was stuuck on a highway because of snow and blowing snow. They had to air lift and snowmobile everyone out? Man that would be scary to have to wait through. Apparently people were syphoning and sharing gas to make all the cars run as long as possible for heat. Would have been a good time to be coming back from the grocery store.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Calling for 20 cm here tonight, snow squal warnings for tonight into tomorrow. I am going for my first trail ride of the year tonight up to Listowel and back, hopefully I have no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
In Bancroft Ontario trails are looking great. I have put over a hundred miles on local groomed trails on land not open on lakes of course. I can ride all the way from bancroft to combermere no problem. Ride hard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
yes the 402 highway was closed for 2 days and some sections are still closed, it was whiteout conditions and they were rescuing people of the roads and putting them in warming centers. Mostly cleared up now, military and police are finishing up the loose end and the last few stranded vehicles. o.p.p were out in full force on sleds and were picking people up on them, quite the ordeal, I had a guys spend the night here that was stranded on the 402.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
The section of the 402 that was closed is close to me, couple of my dad's friends went out on their sleds and brought out water and chocolate bars to people in their cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay so I got no snow last night that they were calling for, but their calling for another storm tonight (that's hearsay from a few people that were in the shop today)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
I was on the trails in district 5 today around forest and they weren't all that nice, lots of bare spots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
yes the Forest trails are bad but if you drop in warwick at the clubhouse and head east everything is great, groomed and free sailing to Strathroy and up past Exeter, and even south to Dutton, I hit all those trails yesturday and they were all good.and they are actually open but limited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Fonz27 said:
yes the 402 highway was closed for 2 days and some sections are still closed, it was whiteout conditions and they were rescuing people of the roads and putting them in warming centers. Mostly cleared up now, military and police are finishing up the loose end and the last few stranded vehicles. o.p.p were out in full force on sleds and were picking people up on them, quite the ordeal, I had a guys spend the night here that was stranded on the 402.
I hope you got a good ride trail conditions sound AWSOME
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top