Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've reading alot about reflashing and updates for CFI engines and mapping with a PC5 for better performance.

--Are reflashes something Polaris will notify you of from the factory or what?
--Are the PC5 mapping kinda the same thing as a reflash from Polaris or are they an extra tuning advantage??

My sled is all stock for now. I don't plan on doing much to it, performance wise, maybe a Ripsaw or better can. But I have also read that putting performance equipment on the sleds causes issues in itself. What is anyones suggestion on this, thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
all the reflashes you hear about are for the 800 cfi engines, the 600 cfi's are pretty much bulletproof. You would gain some power from a PC5 but some pipes would bring more.

·
Registered
848 Posts
TylerC said:
all the reflashes you hear about are for the 800 cfi engines, the 600 cfi's are pretty much bulletproof. You would gain some power from a PC5 but some pipes would bring more.
Agreed. The 600s dodged all the problems you've likely heard about. If you have your VIN I believe that a dealership can look up to see if it has all the available updates done.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
As said, these constant re-flashes you're hearing about are for the 800 CFI-2/4. You can add a PC to your 600 CFI-4, but I don't know about performance gains because they already have a pretty solid map on them.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Cans don't add performance, they make noise so you THINK you're going faster.

If you ride public trails, most of them are on private property. And pissing off landowners with noisy cans is the #1 reason trails get closed.

PC3/5 not needed for what you're doing, as mentioned, get a pipe that goes into yer stock can, much more bang for the buck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Cans don't add performance, they make noise so you THINK you're going faster.

If you ride public trails, most of them are on private property. And pissing off landowners with noisy cans is the #1 reason trails get closed.

PC3/5 not needed for what you're doing, as mentioned, get a pipe that goes into yer stock can, much more bang for the buck.
Thanks for the good info guys. Have a Happy Turkey Day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts