Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Brand new 2010 600 IQ Shift, just curious what the clunk, not really a clunk but a plink in the clutch is when I acccelerate after slowing. Is it just the weights catching up or what. Similar sound when disengaging Reverse. Dealer said the noise from reverse is normal. Don't tell me it's bad from the get go, first sled in 20 years. Glad to be back on a Polaris. Also break in gas, should I run 5 or 10 gallons of break in pre-mix. Polaris suggests only one 5 gallon pre-mix for break in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
yes the clunk is normal !! congrats on the new sled!!! polaris says only 5 gals -watch your oil resevoir and make sure its going down- to make sure oil pump is working,even draw a small line on plastic!!! 1/2 tank or full tank is up to you!!! [thumb]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DRAGON120 said:
yes the clunk is normal !! congrats on the new sled!!! polaris says only 5 gals -watch your oil resevoir and make sure its going down- to make sure oil pump is working,even draw a small line on plastic!!! 1/2 tank or full tank is up to you!!! [thumb]
Awesome thanks for the response. After looking at the clutch there seems to be a little play in the larger wheel (??, I'm a little clueless with clutch nomenclature), which seems to be the source of the plink. Any way good riding to you. This thing rips.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
yes it comes from the TEAM secondary's.. they are a roller bearing instead of wear button setup. so it roll's into engadgment and makes your noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts