Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just experienced this today, 1st ride of the year, total 185 miles on a 2010 600 Shift. It was idling when I noticed the Volt meter on the display flashing and the meter at one bar. If I touch the brake or any switch on the bars the display screen blanks, tach needle drops, no lights head or tail. It idles and runs great regardless. If I let it set a while it will start off with full volt meter, all lights gauges work.. Then volts will fade away and everything off, except the motor. Called the dealer where I bought it and they have "never heard of this". I checked all wires no frays or cuts, I mean its brand new. other dealer says stator or volt regulator (??, I think I'm saying those right) and therefore not holding the charge produced by the motor. It is NOT electric start so I'm kinda lost as to what would be holding the charge if there is no battery. I guess off its to the dealer. ANY input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It was an awesome 9 miles to say the least. Oh Boy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
It sounds like a stator or regulator problem that happens when they warm up.
The charging circuit is not connected with the ignition system so that part is not affected by the charging system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your recommendation. Take it back for warranty (hopefully) work or what. They stated that they have never heard of it happening before.?? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
The system has a large capacitor that may be holding some charge. But it sounds like a electrical problem. The dealer should be able to help you out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
erick said:
The system has a large capacitor that may be holding some charge. But it sounds like a electrical problem. The dealer should be able to help you out.
Thanks or the info. still kinda bummed, being a new sled and all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
fillman1 said:
What's your recommendation. Take it back for warranty (hopefully) work or what. They stated that they have never heard of it happening before.?? Thanks.
after paying lots for a new sled i would for sure take back to dealer and make them fix it not sure if yours would but my dealer would void any warranty if i go messing with wires or altering something if you mess with it they might blame you for the problem saying you did something dont take chance or waste time take for warranty work hope they get you back on track good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
arcticcateltigre said:
fillman1 said:
What's your recommendation. Take it back for warranty (hopefully) work or what. They stated that they have never heard of it happening before.?? Thanks.
after paying lots for a new sled i would for sure take back to dealer and make them fix it not sure if yours would but my dealer would void any warranty if i go messing with wires or altering something if you mess with it they might blame you for the problem saying you did something dont take chance or waste time take for warranty work hope they get you back on track good luck
Yeah those are pretty much my thouhts about it too, thanks.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top