Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys (and gals i guess), winter is over for most (and if there is someone out there that can still sled in good conditions, your a lucky man)!. anyways, for this season are you buying a new sled or working on/modding your current sled? if so, what are you looking at buying or doing to your sled?

are we going to be able to look forward to some build threads soon?

for me, i am getting a Polaris Pro-X, either a 600 or 700.

I'm actually looking at buying this sled:

http://sudbury.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-2200-or-will-part-out-W0QQAdIdZ191957809

And selling this:

http://northbay.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-2001-Polaris-Edge-xcsp-500-W0QQAdIdZ193099364

If your interested PM with questions, for pics & an offer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I thought you had 6 grand you were going to spend on a new sled?

As for me I'll be turning 16 soon and will be getting my liscence. First off I have to pay for drivers ed, insurance, and gas, but with my left over funds I plan on buying a riser, bars, and either c&a's or a 2007 dragon seat for my fusion.

Last friday I did however buy another sled. 1999 polaris xcsp 700 for $500.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
well just sold the wrecked pro-x and sunday am going to look at a IQr 440. If i get that I will be making a few changes over the summer but i'll see what funds allow me to do.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did have plans on buying a $6000 sled. But my fourwheeler needs parts(maintainence), i need a new phone, laptop, ipod.

And i owe my parent $1000

So im down to about $3500 to spend on a sled. But the Pro-X is a steal, and i would like to put the extra $1300 towards mods.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
nice buy but i plan on getting a rocket this summer and then picking up my 05 edge touring and selling that to get either and iqr or a pro x

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
1.75" solid paddle track, new snowflap and Slydog skies.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Tryin to decide what im doin for a vehicle first. I have a decent truck now. Its what i want, but its kinda beat up and it needs some more work. I haven't decided if i want to sink another 10-1500 in it cause we have about 7800 in it right now(my dad gave me 3500), or sell it. If i sell it and get something cheap then i want to buy a Pro-X, if not im gonna do some things to the 500.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm just planning on tearing mine down all the way and rebuilding it. My sled needs a REALLY good clean. I'm only thinking of adding a few things, like a new Dynoport Pipe since mine's dead, new springs in my rear suspension (heavier ones), and I'm going to paint my tunnel matte black I do believe.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
That "Pro X" you linked to looks funny. Something seems wrong. I know my Pro-X didn't have the fancy handwarmer/bright headlight switch that one does and it had beefier trailing arms. However I know in '01 the Pro X still had Edge style trailing arms.

The other thing that's missing is the brace that goes between the two shock towers. However that also might have been a 2002 and up thing.

That sled does not seem like a steal though, maybe for the other guy, stealing your money.

You could find something better. Keep looking.

As for my machines, nothing except maintenance. Chaincase oil, grease, idler wheel bearings and gonna bring all my clutches to a fellow I know to get new bushings and have them looked over. Perhaps shock rebuilds if necessary.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Well I'm hoping to buy a new sled this summer, either a 2004 500ss or a 03 600 ho rev and make it my own. That's if I can sell my current sled and make 1500$ extra this summer. If I can't get a new sled, I'm putting zr springs and shocks in the zl then adding new bars and a 2-5 inch pivot riser. Then I'm adding a long snoflap.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have been looking all over for a pipe for my 92 440 but cannot find a dam thing but other than that upgrading to xtra ten and going to get some plastic skis and hopefully get a new seat

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Things that are being done:
Team 719 helix is in, but no snow to try it on so I'm counting it as a summer addition
Replace the skin in my SLP vent on the clutch side after a stick damaged it
Move spare belt mount over to the clutch cover
Scissor stops need adjusting to make for better weight transfer
Build a gas can rack for the tunnel extention

Things I will do if funds allow for it:
Either SLP flash or Dyno port pipe haven't decided yet
'09 spindles if I find a set
Slydog skis
Make vent behind clutches in the counsel where a little cubby should have been
136/1.5 Intense

2009121791753432_14053.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, we have kids, mortgage, need new siding, want to fix up our camp, and have medical bills to pay.

I'm waiting till mid-summer when the $750 sleds drop to $500 obo, then I'm going to find a semi-decent 500cc-600cc trail sled and make it decent for my wife. Only thing she really said is no triples....she doesn't want the weight.

Mid to late 90s sleds are plentiful around here.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Dekk85 said:
MX86 said:
Buying a 2009 Dragon Switchback 800 [thumb]
Any plans for it?
Shave weight... lol

It's getting a PC5 and a SLP can for sure, get a pipe and Y-Pipe if i can find one.

and it has a 2" paddle on it right now, so be looking for a 1.5 and then getting 144 extensions for when i go out west and a track to swap in..

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Plans for the 1200 are:

Offset axle
8" rear wheels
Finger track, to try to get it to hook up (144x2)
Extroverts, to cure the racheting prolem
New bars
Fastrax throttle block
New belly pan
Rebuild front shocks
Fix big dent in PTO pipe from blown belt
Maybe some M10 work
Ice scratchers

These are the plans, dont know if they will all get done.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Possibly a monster sticker...gotta find out if I can still run on pump gas with it though first. Other than that, besides putting a 1.5" ripsaw on the new sled when it comes, nothing.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just some plastic skis and a stock windshield for the ZR. I also plan on starting the restoration on my El Tigre Cross Country, but I have a feeling it won't get done; my summer ought to be really busy.[confused2]

1 - 20 of 66 Posts