Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat here last year about this time and badmouthed the cooling system on the Rush. This year they fixed the lack of good cooling, and a half ass fix if you ask me! So, to all of you who told me that I'm a dumbass, I was right! Sorry![Disappointed][Disappointed][Disappointed]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Ummmmm......What?[dunno]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
so they had to put coolers in the rear on the trail models? woooopdy dooo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
How else would you put cooling in? Ive looked at it, a protected coolant hose running from the rear cooler to the front cooling system. Seems like it should work fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,546 Posts
stringcheese said:
I sat here last year about this time and badmouthed the cooling system on the Rush. This year they fixed the lack of good cooling, and a half ass fix if you ask me! So, to all of you who told me that I'm a dumbass, I was right! Sorry![Disappointed][Disappointed][Disappointed]
I'm pretty sure you have proven everyone correct...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
They added additional cooling because of the inclusion of the 800 CFI in the lineup, which produces more heat than the 2010 Rush 600 HO. Simple fact, more heat, more cooling. There was nothing wrong with the cooling setup on the original Rush, it just wasn't intended for the larger displacement motor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polaris put the new rear exchanger on all the models erick. Don't tell me you are so brand loyal you don't see the inherent engineering flaw polaris produced in it's "revolutionary" new sled. The truth is they shouldn't have had to add any more cooling anywhere if they had designed it correctly in the first place. You are saying they never meant to add an 800 to the new chassis, c'mon?

Rupp had the same problem in the 70's with it's nitro when they put the coolant through the aluminum bumper.

Anybody burn down a Rush at altitude yet? Anybody put a stick throught the radiator boondocking, or even trail riding yet? Anybody run it in 34deg weather and have it start bogging?

the truth hurts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,011 Posts
stringcheese said:
Polaris put the new rear exchanger on all the models erick. Don't tell me you are so brand loyal you don't see the inherent engineering flaw polaris produced in it's "revolutionary" new sled. The truth is they shouldn't have had to add any more cooling anywhere if they had designed it correctly in the first place. You are saying they never meant to add an 800 to the new chassis, c'mon?

Rupp had the same problem in the 70's with it's nitro when they put the coolant through the aluminum bumper.

Anybody burn down a Rush at altitude yet? [highlight=yellow]Anybody put a stick throught the radiator boondocking, or even trail riding yet? Anybody run it in 34deg weather and have it start bogging?[/highlight=yellow]the truth hurts
Um no. Where is your reasoning for this? Have you ever put your dirty hand on a rush? If you'd felt the GRILL ON THE RADIATOR you'd realize you aint hurtin squat. And as far as overheatin, I'm on my second one...the first one ran fine (all the way to 40 degrees) , and now that my second has extra cooling, I'm sure it'll be fine too. You act like they didn't test these things.

Your a jealous hater...Crawl back in your hole[Disappointed]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
It appears as though a child wandered away from their forum. Anti-Poo are you? Sounds like the kind of stuff I hear at the elementary school. I won, you lost, I was right, you were wrong, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah. Very little people attempt to build themselves up the way you have tried here. All it really does is prove that you are attempting to hide your shortcomings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sledneck1978 said:
stringcheese said:
Polaris put the new rear exchanger on all the models erick. Don't tell me you are so brand loyal you don't see the inherent engineering flaw polaris produced in it's "revolutionary" new sled. The truth is they shouldn't have had to add any more cooling anywhere if they had designed it correctly in the first place. You are saying they never meant to add an 800 to the new chassis, c'mon?

Rupp had the same problem in the 70's with it's nitro when they put the coolant through the aluminum bumper.

Anybody burn down a Rush at altitude yet? [highlight=yellow]Anybody put a stick throught the radiator boondocking, or even trail riding yet? Anybody run it in 34deg weather and have it start bogging?[/highlight=yellow]the truth hurts
Um no. Where is your reasoning for this? Have you ever put your dirty hand on a rush? If you'd felt the GRILL ON THE RADIATOR you'd realize you aint hurtin squat. And as far as overheatin, I'm on my second one...the first one ran fine (all the way to 40 degrees) , and now that my second has extra cooling, I'm sure it'll be fine too. You act like they didn't test these things.

Your a jealous hater...Crawl back in your hole[Disappointed]
[BSMeter]



tnmemr said:
It appears as though a child wandered away from their forum. Anti-Poo are you? Sounds like the kind of stuff I hear at the elementary school. I won, you lost, I was right, you were wrong, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah. Very little people attempt to build themselves up the way you have tried here. All it really does is prove that you are attempting to hide your shortcomings.
Nope. Just sick of friends having thier handle bars come off and such other polaris flaws. Like I said, the truth hurts, but, the light will damn eternally.

All I am saying, is that the Rush's cooling ability with an air to water heat exchanger on the front of the sled was not going to work and, furthermore, by 2011 they will have added a heat exchanger in the tunnel like every other modern snowmobile has. I am truly sorry this was taken so personally by so many of you. I have acted selfishly, I am a dumbass, and a jealous hater. Polaris must have done it's homework on this one, what would I know, I'm only a wandering child.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,722 Posts
Handle bars coming off????

Every manufactor has flaws and short coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
polaris had bad cooling since 2003 when they dropped some capacity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've edited my last post and am going to crawl humbly back into my hole.

Anybody on my side please feel free to give me some rating cudo's and get my posts back on the board.

madcow said:
polaris had bad cooling since 2003 when they dropped some capacity.
I know, mostly to get their "wet" weights down. Everybody else did it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,722 Posts
In the late 80's early 90's people put front nose cone coolers on their sleds, with no issues. yes they had a front bumper for protection on the polaris's. Yamaha's had them also, with little to no protection. No issues their either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,011 Posts
You're an idiot!!! I give you my opinion as one of the only ones on this thread that has ridden one, not to mention owned one, and you put up some childish "bs meter"??? Do you honestly think that if my 10' haden't exceeded my expectations I would have dropped almost (well it was a lot) on another one???

Ya know btw, aside from the F7's being fast outta the box there isn't much good to say about them either. I've got better things to do with my time than bash a sled with a pop can for a tunnel though....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
stringcheese said:
Polaris put the new rear exchanger on all the models erick.
It's more expensive to have multiple variations of systems. One system across all sleds, so that's what they did.

No, I'm not brand loyal and I'm not stupid, contrary to whatever you may believe.

Where are all the reports of overheating Rushes last year? I put 800 or so miles on one last year myself and not once had an issue with cooling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
stringcheese is like a politician..

They take one tiny tidbit, and make up a whole story about it that fits their view.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
stringcheese said:
sledneck1978 said:
stringcheese said:
Polaris put the new rear exchanger on all the models erick. Don't tell me you are so brand loyal you don't see the inherent engineering flaw polaris produced in it's "revolutionary" new sled. The truth is they shouldn't have had to add any more cooling anywhere if they had designed it correctly in the first place. You are saying they never meant to add an 800 to the new chassis, c'mon?

Rupp had the same problem in the 70's with it's nitro when they put the coolant through the aluminum bumper.

Anybody burn down a Rush at altitude yet? [highlight=yellow]Anybody put a stick throught the radiator boondocking, or even trail riding yet? Anybody run it in 34deg weather and have it start bogging?[/highlight=yellow]the truth hurts
Um no. Where is your reasoning for this? Have you ever put your dirty hand on a rush? If you'd felt the GRILL ON THE RADIATOR you'd realize you aint hurtin squat. And as far as overheatin, I'm on my second one...the first one ran fine (all the way to 40 degrees) , and now that my second has extra cooling, I'm sure it'll be fine too. You act like they didn't test these things.

Your a jealous hater...Crawl back in your hole[Disappointed]
[BSMeter]



tnmemr said:
It appears as though a child wandered away from their forum. Anti-Poo are you? Sounds like the kind of stuff I hear at the elementary school. I won, you lost, I was right, you were wrong, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah. Very little people attempt to build themselves up the way you have tried here. All it really does is prove that you are attempting to hide your shortcomings.
Nope. Just sick of friends having thier handle bars come off and such other polaris flaws. Like I said, the truth hurts, but, the light will damn eternally.

All I am saying, is that [highlight=yellow]the Rush's cooling ability with an air to water heat exchanger on the front of the sled was not going to work and, furthermore, by 2011 they will have added a heat exchanger in the tunnel like every other modern snowmobile has.[/highlight=yellow] I am truly sorry this was taken so personally by so many of you. I have acted selfishly, I am a dumbass, and a jealous hater. Polaris must have done it's homework on this one, what would I know, I'm only a wandering child.
The 2010's had a heat exchanger at the front of the tunnel to begin with. You're trying to argue a point when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sledneck1978 said to you that "You act like they didn't test these things."
I agree. They HAVE done their homework. Polaris came up with the design in the early 2000s and had a working prototype in 2005 that Levi Lavallee tested on a specially equipped IQR.

I also think you are ignorant for thinking the Rush was going to be 100% perfect the first year it came out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dunno where the overheats are, how do you answer a question with a question erick? I asked.

There is a lot of name calling here but I have not been doing any of it. I never had any intention of even implying to call anyone an idiot. I am not the one name calling here!

I saw a flaw in the cooling system of a new sled and pointed it out. If it is not a flaw then why would they have to add more cooling? Don't tell me it's because of the 800. You and I both know they planned to put the 800 in it, the tunnel cooler is definately an afterthought.

The cooling issues could only arise at high altitudes, warmer temperatures, possibly when riding in deep wet snow, and when the radiator could get blocked. That and the small fact of the location of the exchanger in the front of the sled opening it up to stray branches and small bashes.

Why would Polaris have put it in the front anyway? Less wet weight? There is no way open air is going to cool as well as having fresh snow packed around the heat exchanger. I think it was a weight thing to make up for the added steel framing at the rear of the sled. Polaris Industries is not full of a bunch of idiots, but I think they robbed Peter to pay Paul on this one. Now they have 2 heatexchangers to possibly fail somewhere down the road. After putting the rear one on, why didn't they just make it bigger and use only one heat exchanger? Where is the new rear one? Between the track and mudflap, or up under the seat?

I am not an idiot either and I do not appreciate being called one.

sledneck1978 said:
You're an idiot!!! I give you my opinion as one of the only ones on this thread that has ridden one, not to mention owned one, and you put up some childish "bs meter"??? Do you honestly think that if my 10' haden't exceeded my expectations I would have dropped almost (well it was a lot) on another one???

Ya know btw, aside from the F7's being fast outta the box there isn't much good to say about them either. I've got better things to do with my time than bash a sled with a pop can for a tunnel though....
So you are telling me you took your brand new $13,000 sled and rode it in 40 deg weather in the mud? I wish I had your money, I wouldn't need mine.

And nice job attacking my snowmobile, calling me an idiot, and childish.
 
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Top