Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
US
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2010/08/29/2011-winter-outlook-the-wait-is-over/

Canada
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2010/08/29/2011-canadian-forecast-will-winter-make-a-comeback/?preview=true

·
Registered
538 Posts
wooo! bitterly cold for the northeast thats what i like to hear. i can live with average snowfall, thats pretty good in vermont (well, way better than last year), plus if it stays cold in CT, the few ski mountains we do have can make snow constantly and i can board way more!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Cold and snowy!!! I believe it too, everything has been pointing to a good winter. As they say the hotter and dryer the summer, the colder and wetter the winter!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Im dead center in Cold & Very Snowy. Can you say hell yea?

But a weatherman couldn't predict what color a Arctic Cat is.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
We had an excellent amount of snow last year. From what I have heard this winter has record breaking potential. All signs show a snowy winter, from dark stripped catipilers to the old guys talking at the local cafe. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Oh me either! And just the year I need, I finally have a good sled, should be a real good jump from a 2001 z440 to a 2002 zr800! I'm gonna try out the stock stuff this year then next try a new track and skis. Anyone recommended anything? I'm thinking Powder Pro ski's from slp with tripple point bergstrom skeggs with a 1.5 inch track???

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
They make their map and descriptions pretty broad,they are usually in the ballpark though from what I have seen in previous years.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
The colder it gets, the better the sled runs![thumb]
I love it when you first crack the sled wide open on a lake on one of those -20 F mornings.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dragon700 said:
sTOrMy96 said:
I love it when you first crack the sled wide open on a lake on one of those -20 F mornings.
and then it sucks when the sled sounds like it bogs down when it 40F

·
Registered
538 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
until you realize its not jetted for -20 and burn down the motor. lol they always run best before they break.

of course, its gonna snow like hell this year while i struggle to get the cash to put a top end in my sled.

1,792 Posts
ilive4snow700 said:
until you realize its not jetted for -20 and burn down the motor. lol they always run best before they break.
I thought it always ran best RIGHT before it runs out of gas! [dunno]

srx_600 said:
I will believe the "Cold and Snowy" after i see it.
Like you, I'll wait and see for sure what it's like. I'm not convinced about warm summer/cold winter link either (although I admit it was a cold summer and mild winter last year). Meteorlogists even when using computer modeling still can't reliably predict weather more than 5 days, so how are they gonna do it a season in advance?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
ilive4snow700 said:
sTOrMy96 said:

of course, its gonna snow like hell this year while i struggle to get the cash to put a top end in my sled.
Gotta love EFI

·
Registered
463 Posts
i was in TSC and thumbed thru the almanac and it said SNOW STORM for my area jan 16 - 19, so i marked it on my calendar to see how close they really are with the predictions!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts