Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the 2011 Polaris RMK and it looks amazing! but I'm not to sure about the rush. I don't like the style of it. It kind of looks ugly. And I also don't like that back spring deal they have going on. Its just not appealing to me. But anyway tell me what you guys think.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/snowmobiles/2011/preview/performance/800-rush-pro-r/pages/overview.aspx?WT.ac=SNO-10-US-WHOT-2011_2ND_TEASER

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Not a fan of the Rush. I think theyre ugly and Im not yet convinced that they are a step foreward in term of ride and handling.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah. I'm really unsure about how small they are and that back spring system. I think there will be problems with it. I don't think it was Polaris's best design choice

·
Registered
31 Posts
are you kidding that back spring give that sled the best rear suspension on the market right now and with the new 2 port injection 800 engine it should take care of the 4 port 800 injection motor not to its also pretty much mention the best handling sled out their and as for the body it all up what you like i guess i pretty much like every new body style out their snow pros phazers & nytros all ski-doos but i mean come you have to say that the rush is the best looking polaris on the market next to the IQRR i never really liked the dragons but that's just my .02

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really don't like the look of the rush. its small. If I had to pick a brand new sled it would be a ski-doo XRS 800. But I like everything I guess except for the rush. It just doesn't appeal to me

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
snoman420 We don't know if the engine is the 2 injector or the 4 injector motor yet only says Cleanfire injection under fuel system, as of now the 2 injector system is just rumor, and the 4 injector system is still not working.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i love the look the the rush...it is not a small sled..it is just a optical issusion because there is no tunnel coming out of the back...the technology they put in to the rear suspension is absolutely insane. and revolutionary.. i have talked to people that have ridden them and they say nothing else rides likes it in the market

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've sat on one in a showroom and it just didn't seem appealing to me. Just not my kind of sled.

·
Registered
31 Posts
slednecks tested the 2 port motor on the rmk 800 and they said that it was going to be the best sled out their for mountain riding and im pretty sure they are going to use the same motor on the pro 800 it would be foolish of them not they are going to use the two port because it is the same technology they used in the 600 rush to begin with and with the success of that why wouldn't they do it the proof it thier that they are doing the sled has already been released and rode i know cuz me and my buddy just got into an debate about the 800r vs the new pro 800

everyone has their own style though too i like the more forward stand up ride it makes you feel like your on a dirtbike kinda lol i'd say just upgrade from the 93 i know i plan to upgrade if plans work out right.

ski-doos are pretty sweet the 800r is awesome i rode a backcountry 800r and it was really nice but then again i ride and '90 indy!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
^^^^^They tested it, doesn't mean we will see it in this sled or not. As of now they aren't telling us which injector system they are going to use.

I agree that the 2 injector system is the way to go and that it works better, and that when they experienced issues with it they should have gone back to the 2 injector system that they knew worked.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yse but as of NOW they ARE using the 2 port injection!!!!!!!!! it will happen guaranteed lol
they are using the exact same set up as the 600 rush same body same suspension same same engine different size

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
bokeson said:
yeah. I'm really unsure about how small they are and that back spring system. I think there will be problems with it. I don't think it was Polaris's best design choice
You realize that the Rush was a 2010 sled, right? From what I've read and seen there have been no issues with the rear suspension design.

You say the Rush is ugly, but the RMK is sick? Same exact sled, just a rear tunnel on the RMK...

So, you've sat on one. Have you ridden one? Everyone that I know who has ridden one has sworn that it's the best riding, most trail worthy sled Polaris has come out with in years. Industry changing, even.

So, where's the basis for your argument?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi; I'm new to posting here, I do read posts on this site but I have never registered until today. I have been riding Ski-Doo's for as long as I care to remember. This year a friend of mine needed to sell his Polaris Switchback so I bought it from him. Needed a few items before taking a 3 day trip with it last week so I stopped at my local Polaris dealer to pick the items up. I have followed the news of the Rush as I was impressed with the design of the suspension. The dealer told my to take the Rush demo he had outside and take it through the paces...I took it through some rough trail areas that I occasionally drive and I can say that the Rush is the most impressive riding snowmobile that I have ever been on. For those of you that don't think too much of it, I am positive that you obviously have not driven one. ONE drive WILL convince you. The other three will soon have something very similar, they will have to just to stay competitive with the ride of the Rush. I'll probably wait for Ski-Doo to market something similar which I'm sure will be very shortly since I am a Ski-Doo man but if they don't, I won't have a problem switching the the Rush!!!

My 2 cents !!

Thanks,
Rob :)[:)]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i haven't ridden. but I honestly just don't like them. alot of my friends don't like them either. one of my friends has one and he likes it but the people that have ridden it besides him ride cats and they just don't like it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I spoke with my uncle today who has been riding Polaris since I can remember. He's in his 50's and would be a considered fairly fast rider. He just bought a 2007 Attak after his 2000 XCR 800 took out a crank. He did have a chance to ride the Rush and was giving it 'OK' marks. He said it's VERY cold for your lower half of body and pretty cold up top. He felt the sled would be a great ditch riding sled, but felt it was very top heavy and unbalanced in that regard.
I asked about the rear suspension and it was 'nice' but nothing that would convince him to buy one. I take his remarks in high regard as he's been riding for 30+ years.

I have not had a chance to ride one yet.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
ive rode one and its amazing, yes a tad cold but still unreal,, you can go through mougals like nothing at all... its truly an amazing sled, and i beleive knowone should give their op until they have taken in though its paces... im excited for the 800 tho! 600 kinda seemed poochy to me...

·
Registered
317 Posts
It will be my next new sled two years from now. i love the black and red scheme. i'm not worried about the cold. i'll just wear a sweater instead of a long sleeve shirt.

bokeson said:
you do realize there is still a shock and spring in the skid correct?

lostn50s said:
Hi; I'm new to posting here, I do read posts on this site but I have never registered until today. I have been riding Ski-Doo's for as long as I care to remember. This year a friend of mine needed to sell his Polaris Switchback so I bought it from him. Needed a few items before taking a 3 day trip with it last week so I stopped at my local Polaris dealer to pick the items up. I have followed the news of the Rush as I was impressed with the design of the suspension. The dealer told my to take the Rush demo he had outside and take it through the paces...I took it through some rough trail areas that I occasionally drive and I can say that the Rush is the most impressive riding snowmobile that I have ever been on. For those of you that don't think too much of it, I am positive that you obviously have not driven one. ONE drive WILL convince you. The other three will soon have something very similar, they will have to just to stay competitive with the ride of the Rush. I'll probably wait for Ski-Doo to market something similar which I'm sure will be very shortly since I am a Ski-Doo man but if they don't, I won't have a problem switching the the Rush!!!

My 2 cents !!

Thanks,
Rob :)[:)]
if that's the case. i hope they're putting money away to use polaris' design. just like ski-doo had to give polaris the perc reverse technology for stealing their independent front suspension in the 90's.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts