Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after this long wait from the 800 Pro-R being released in early February, everyone has been wondering what is storming in with it. Well here is some release videos!

Trail Sleds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n33pu50zXc

RMK's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzfh0xNX80M

Here is the sleds i can pick out
800 rush
600 rush
800 Pro-R
600 Pro-R
Rush Trail (LX)
600/800 Switchback (136-144? Couldnt tell)
RMK 155,163
ASSAULT 146

I know im forgetting a few, i was to busy smiling from ear to ear to listen very well!!

· Registered
333 Posts
600 switchback will be a 136, 800 will be 144, both called assaults. No 146 assault, instead it will become a 155.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
:eek: :D exciting

· Registered
847 Posts
No new fourstrokes? So 2012 EPA regs mean all new sleds in 2012 or we get a turbo tank?

I recently spent some seat time on a Doo 1200 MXZX Renegade. Polaris needs an engine like the 1200, it's the most impressive sled I have been on.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Here are the sleds

Pro ride/rush chassis:
800 Pro R
600 Pro R
800 Rush
600 Rush
800 Pro RMK 163 & 155
800 RMK Assault 155
800 RMK
800 Switchback Assault 144
600 Rush LX

IQ Chassis:
Turbo IQ
600 IQ Shift
550 IQ Shift
600 RMK 155 & 144
600 Switchback 136
600 IQ Shift 136
550 IQ Shift 136
Turbo IQ LX & LXT
600 IQ LXT
550 IQ LXT
FS IQ Widetrak
600 Widetrak

Gen II Chassis:
Widetrak LX

The 120 is in the mini-edge chassis still and is called a 120 Assault.

And in reference to the previous statement about 12 grand for a crossover:
800 Pro R = $11599
800 Pro RMK 163 = $11899
800 RMK Assault = $11999
800 Switchback Assault = $11999

· Registered
242 Posts
PolarisBoy1996 said:
Freaken awesome! I really want to try out a Rush just to see what it is like.
the rides amazing .. i rode it this weekend...and there is Absolutely NO comparison from anything in the industry that can come close to it

· Registered
15,705 Posts
the turbo iq is not a pro ride.

Alot of trail riders aren't gong to buy a rush unless they get rid of the chessy non functional windsheild. It's worthless and is there just for looks.

I think polaris is putting way to many eggs in 1 basket. What about the older riders who want a new sled like there 03 ish edge they currently ride? There really isn't one. My Parents want to get new sleds(currently ride 02 xc 600, 03 xc 700) but they hate the unfinished look on the shifts.

So they either ride there sleds another year or go to a differnt manufactor, which is deffiantly out of the question.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Here are the snow check sleds!

-Rush with TX retro graphics, available in 600 and 800cc
-Assault Switchback 144 / Assault RMK 155
-RMK 155/163
Snowmobile Vehicle Font Winter sport Racing

Look at that Hugger Orange Assault! Reminds me of the 2004 Pro-XR.
I have a feeling that the Snowchecked Assaults are going to be comparable to the 2002/2003 Edge X's in terms of the "Must have" factor. The same goes for the cherry red Pro-R and Pro-RMK. These 3 new sleds are beautiful!

xcr440 said:
Alot of trail riders aren't gong to buy a rush unless they get rid of the chessy non functional windsheild. It's worthless and is there just for looks.
Hence the Rush LX. ultimate trail riding machine: Pro-Ride rear suspension with the luxury items like electric start, reverse, mirrors, and a unique storage bag. I know storage is issue on the newer sleds like the IQs and the Rush's, but looks like that is solved. The LX also has a 16" windshield that isn't an eyesore.

· Registered
15,705 Posts
Ahhhh no. Way to touring. They want a sled without the pro ride. no need for it. They are lucky to do more than 30 mph. I mean what happens if out sledding a machine breaks down and you have to 2 up it? not much seat room. And yes I have demo'd one. Nice machine for the 18-40 crowd but not many over 60 people are going to want it.

If I was going to buy one it would be the Turbo IQ. I like the assult in orange but I don't want or need a 800 or a 144" track for trail riding 90% of the time.

· Registered
242 Posts
xcr440 said:
My Parents want to get new sleds(currently ride 02 xc 600, 03 xc 700) but they hate the unfinished look on the shifts.
you can get a decal kit for these sleds..the solid color allows you to do want you want to do to it

· Registered
15,705 Posts
Sorry I should have worded it different. The dislike the freestyle seat. My parents are 62 and 60. They don't like change much in their sleds. They pretty much want a sled. That has electric start, heated grips/throttle, with a 600 cc engine basic seat which can accomidate 2 rider if needed but not a touring seat, a seat you sit into, not on top of. My dad says "if I wanted to ride a motorcycle I would go back to riding them". They ride 30-60 miles per day.

So it's not like they are hard charging trail riders. Polaris really doesn't have an entry level beginers sled. Which is pretty much what they want/use.

Bring back the Indy 500. Or something simular. entry level 70 ish hp liquid cooled sled. That pretty much a 15 yo could ride.

· Registered
3,748 Posts
I think the IQ chassis and now the Pro-Ride chassis ARE the ultimate trails sleds for older riders. I've seen several 55+ year old riders on IQs this year, and talked to one riding a Rush.

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
xcr440 said:
The LX also has a 16" windshield that isn't an eyesore.
Yeah the tall windshield on the Rush looks good, but I talked to a guy that has it on his Rush. He said it is the coldest sled he's ridden. 16 inches tall doesn't mean crap, when 8 inches of that is below the handlebars and it's only 12 inches wide. The guy's handlebar-mounted GPS was taller than his windshield. And the flares for the handlebars are useless, as they aren't near wide enough. This guy said he's froze his hands.

xcr440 said:
Bring back the Indy 500. Or something simular. entry level 70 ish hp liquid cooled sled. That pretty much a 15 yo could ride.
It's called the 550 Shift. [8D]

· Registered
2,738 Posts
xcr440 said:
They pretty much want a sled. That has electric start, heated grips/throttle, with a 600 cc engine basic seat which can accomidate 2 rider if needed but not a touring seat, a [highlight=yellow]seat you sit into, not on top of.[/highlight=yellow]
That's the thing. The Pro Ride and the IQ chassis' are rider forward. They aren't made to sit into, they are made so you sit up taller for more control. All 4 manufacturers are producing dominately rider forward chassis'. The only sleds that have seats that you "sit into" are aimed at nonaggressive riders, so they are on sleds like the IQ LXT and 600 LXT, which are touring sleds.

As for entry level modern indy 500, that's what the 600 and 550 Shifts are. Entry level, basic, cheap, beginner sled. Yeah plain black is bland, but it allows for a little customization with decals. [EDIT: JD beat me to the punch on this one]

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.