Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 800 Rush with about 2000 miles on it from last season. Just took it out for the 2nd time this season and the check engine indicator light comes on intermittently.

The first time it came on, it bogged quite down with very little power, only briefly, went away and rode fine for 15 miles and now is coming on again every once in a while.

The spark plug resistor is in non-ethanol mode. There is mostly non-ethanol fuel in there...

the spark plugs are new from end of last season..

I found that if the service light is on, that you can hold on select key to get a diagnostic code, but since light is on intermittently, will this work?

Anyone have any ideas on what to try. I am going to try putting resistor back into ethanol mode and new plugs and see if that helps until I can call the dealer to see what they think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if there is a way to get an error code from a RUSH when the check engine indicator light is only flashing?

or does it need to be on solid?

I have a 2012 800 Rush with about 2000 miles on it from last season. Just took it out for the 2nd time this season and the check engine indicator light comes on intermittently.

The first time it came on, it bogged quite down with very little power, only briefly, went away and rode fine for 15 miles and now is coming on again every once in a while.

The spark plug resistor is in non-ethanol mode. There is mostly non-ethanol fuel in there...

the spark plugs are new from end of last season..

I found that if the service light is on, that you can hold on select key to get a diagnostic code, but since light is on intermittently, will this work?

Anyone have any ideas on what to try. I am going to try putting resistor back into ethanol mode and new plugs and see if that helps until I can call the dealer to see what they think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance

1,792 Posts
I'd say drain the gas and put all fresh of either eth or non-eth in there. That way you know there's no moisture in there from last season. Pour some sea foam in there also. Make sure it's not overheating and limp mode is kicking in. These are just guesses, since with my carb sled I don't have to worry about these things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the response. I was monitoring the heat and assuming temp is accurate, wasnt over heating...

2 questions, what is limp mode?

And I am looking into seafoam and see that there is a comparable b-12 ChemTool, which is similar to sea foam and much cheaper..

Are both of the Safe to use in a snowmobile with EFI?

Thanks again..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not the Berryman b-12 ChemTool is safe for use in my sled..

sled being: 2012 800 Rush which is fuel injected, not carberated?

Thanks!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts