Snowmobile Fanatics banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
ripperd said:
I am most likely out. I will definitely be up there later in Feb though!
No one cares Dean......[pot]

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
One year ago today, the 2011 group ride thread was up to page 22...just sayin

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'm planning on being there Thursday around noon or so.
Still don't know if Bear1 will be with Me or not.

Rick

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Festus33 said:
I'm planning on being there Thursday around noon or so.
Still don't know if Bear1 will be with Me or not.

Rick
Well, at least a few people will make it up. 5 to 6 inches of snow from this last storm so it's getting a little better.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
As of tomorrow, I will be away from the computer until the 5th of Feb. so if anyone changes their mind on coming up or more people coming up let 2 SE Wings know and he will get a hold of me. Going up tomorrow instead of Fri. to run down the Yukon to see if there is enough snow to groom it. If there is, I will be doing that tomorrow night. Hope to see more people up there but quite understandable if you don't.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Let me know when your going to leave tomorrow. I'll head North from here and meet you.. I've been curious just haven't gone North from here...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
EvilSanta said:
Let me know when your going to leave tomorrow. I'll head North from here and meet you.. I've been curious just haven't gone North from here...
Jim, I'll give you a call when I'm ready to leave out of the pines. Should be somewhere around 10:00 or 11:00.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Like Greasemonkey said, drop me a PM and I will relay what info is needed.....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just curious, can anyone give me a heads up on what type of riding we will be doing? logging roads and power lines 20-45mph? or roads and lakes and trails at 60mph+. just wondering what type of clutching to set up for.

·
Registered
66 Posts
arctic_cat_man1 said:
Just curious, can anyone give me a heads up on what type of riding we will be doing? logging roads and power lines 20-45mph? or roads and lakes and trails at 60mph+. just wondering what type of clutching to set up for.
I would say mostly the 60 plus. A little goat pathing down to lakes or to hook other roads. Grease and I ran the groomer up the Yukon from Kane Lake for the first time yesterday. Packed good but lots of rocks in spots. I heard Ely club was gonna try grooming the Tomahawk today. Got 3" new snow today. Just hope we keep getting these little Clippers of snow....

·
Registered
680 Posts
are you serious it's mostly 60+?
wow.....
so it'll be trail riding too? i haven't been on the trails around Isabella. only the north shore. is it a winding trail? or alot of straight aways?

·
Registered
66 Posts
arctic_cat_man1 said:
wow.....
so it'll be trail riding too? i haven't been on the trails around Isabella. only the north shore. is it a winding trail? or alot of straight aways?
Trails suck roads are good. I was just saying the trails are getting their first panning, so far from in good shape. Roads are wide and fast You do the math. Depending on whether we get more snow it will be road running. No matter what you ride your own pace. Just going by the last couple road rides I saw triple digits on the dream meter more than once HA....

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
EvilSanta said:
arctic_cat_man1 said:
wow.....
Trails suck roads are good. I was just saying the trails are getting their first panning, so far from in good shape. Roads are wide and fast You do the math. Depending on whether we get more snow it will be road running. No matter what you ride your own pace. Just going by the last couple road rides I saw triple digits on the dream meter more than once HA....
Just got home from dinner with the wife and was going to call Greasemonkey but it looks like you saved me making the call Evil!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
To bad your not gonna make it Scott.. Sue and I are riding up to meet them for a Wives ride this AM. Don't think I'll be seeing any Triple Digits today....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was a blast yesterday, The roads were in great shape. I got 170 miles on I rode from home that was nice not to Trailer The trails are still in bad shape though. They have panned them all but there's nothing the Clubs can do till more snow. We've been getting these little clippers of snow that have added up on the roads and lakes making for some great riding though. If your on the fence about coming I wouldn't hesitate myself. The guys know the area so well that it really is a blast. Not just pinning it on straight roads a very good mix. Although you can definitely find out what your sled tops out at HA..

If your where there is no snow and don't want to fight the traffic in the UP. I'd say get your Reservation at the Knotted Pines you won't be dissapointed. Ill be there for Saturdays ride. Oh yea we met 1 sled all day...

·
Registered
680 Posts
EvilSanta said:
Was a blast yesterday, The roads were in great shape. I got 170 miles on I rode from home that was nice not to Trailer The trails are still in bad shape though. They have panned them all but there's nothing the Clubs can do till more snow. We've been getting these little clippers of snow that have added up on the roads and lakes making for some great riding though. If your on the fence about coming I wouldn't hesitate myself. The guys know the area so well that it really is a blast. Not just pinning it on straight roads a very good mix. Although you can definitely find out what your sled tops out at HA..

If your where there is no snow and don't want to fight the traffic in the UP. I'd say get your Reservation at the Knotted Pines you won't be dissapointed. Ill be there for Saturdays ride. Oh yea we met 1 sled all day...
It better be as good as making it sound!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just calling it like I see it. In a year with no snow this is as good as it gets. I'm a local so I'm not traveling. Most of my riding buddies come to my house to ride. But if I was I would not have been disappointed in yesterday's ride at all. I've been there 3 out of the last 4 weekends and the riding has gotten better each one. I also have a trail sled set up for the trails so this kind of riding suits me just fine.

Grease and Wallygator know the area like the back of there hands. They never cease to amaze me when we drop down Into all these little lakes and trails. Normally there is too much snow for me to run these areas with the one ton shorty. So it has been fun to go anywhere....

81 - 100 of 126 Posts