Snowmobile Fanatics banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
EvilSanta said:
I heard Ely club was gonna try grooming the Tomahawk today. Got 3" new snow today.
That trail is rougher than hell with amazing snow, I can't even imagine it right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any new reports from the guys getting up there for the ride? A month back I was concerned it might be a -30-40F ride. Never thought it'd be 30F+. Need to break out the spring jacket for Friday![Disappointed]

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Talked to Greasemonkey about an hour ago, him and Wallygator have logged over 400 miles in the last few days. Riding is better than he expected but it is not pristine. Not nearly the deep powder as last years ride but it sounds like they are getting into more remote areas than in the past.

Like Evilsanta posted a few days ago, logging roads and state forestry roads are in great shape. Plenty of lakes and portages to goat around on. Greasemonkey said tonight he added a few new layers of Minnesota pinstripeing on the sled but had a lot of fun.

If I wasn't so involved in the International Motocycle Show this weekend I would be there right now[:(]

·
Registered
3 Posts
2SEWINGS said:
Talked to Greasemonkey about an hour ago, him and Wallygator have logged over 400 miles in the last few days. Riding is better than he expected but it is not pristine. Not nearly the deep powder as last years ride but it sounds like they are getting into more remote areas than in the past.

Like Evilsanta posted a few days ago, logging roads and state forestry roads are in great shape. Plenty of lakes and portages to goat around on. Greasemonkey said tonight he added a few new layers of Minnesota pinstripeing on the sled but had a lot of fun.

If I wasn't so involved in the International Motocycle Show this weekend I would be there right now[:(]
Thanks for the report. Sounds great.

·
Registered
680 Posts
just going to let you guys know that 03mxz600 and i aren't going to make it up there. i had some things come up. I also lost Greasemonkeys phone number to let him know that we aren't going to be there for the friday ride. so he won't need to wait for us to ride. can someone let him know that.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
arctic_cat_man1 said:
just going to let you guys know that 03mxz600 and i aren't going to make it up there. i had some things come up. I also lost Greasemonkeys phone number to let him know that we aren't going to be there for the friday ride. so he won't need to wait for us to ride. can someone let him know that.
Thanks
I got his number and can call him tonight, no problem...

·
Registered
680 Posts
2SEWINGS said:
arctic_cat_man1 said:
Thanks
I got his number and can call him tonight, no problem...

Thanks, Ya I'm bumbed I can't make it, but so goes life. Hopefully next year for the ride and maybe even a weekend yet this year weather permitting.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
So who is actually going?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Polaris-Man said:
Sounds like wally and grease are having some "alone" time

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
Polaris-Man said:
Just spoke to Greasemonkey and passed on your comment about a "little alone time", sensors here wont let me post his response[:D]

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
2SEWINGS said:
sledneck1978 said:
Polaris-Man said:
Just spoke to Greasemonkey and passed on your comment about a "little alone time", sensors here wont let me post his response[:D]
LOL, in all honesty is there anyone else up there?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Went up for the Fanatics Saturday ride. Conditions couldn't have been any better. The Roads, Lakes and Trails were in great shape. It really has been holding up well with the Cold nights. We snaked our way from the Knotted to Babbitt for Lunch and Gas. Then back throwing in a few Lakes to play on. I'll let the others report on Fridays ride HA.. Again thanks to Grease and Wallygator for leading it was a Blast...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
"Conditions couldn't have been any better".

Somehow I don't really believe that statement. I think there's a difference between being "rideable" and "unable to get any better".

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Just got home. Will post a full report later. In 10 days, did a total of 725 miles on the sled and 68 miles in the groomer at 2 to 5 MPH. Good times with a little carnage.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Polaris-Man said:
"Conditions couldn't have been any better".

Somehow I don't really believe that statement. I think there's a difference between being "rideable" and "unable to get any better".
I should have said for the winter we have been having. For me it has been great. I've said in all my posts that I'm a trail racer so for me it really doesn't get much better. Going places I've never been Flat Roads, Lakes and Small Trails with a good solid pack on them. Most in better shape than the Normal Snow Year Groomed trails around here. I've been up there 4 out of the last 5 weekends riding and not on pounded out Snirt, Nuff said...

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
greasemonkey said:
Just got home. Will post a full report later. In 10 days, did a total of 725 miles on the sled and 68 miles in the groomer at 2 to 5 MPH. Good times with a little carnage.
Please do GM, would like to see the results, heading up there soon for a weekend ride. Maybe we can meet up for some riding, get the Political "Rock" out of his lazy boy recliner and trailer up with Ryan. Glad to hear the ride was a success, over 700 miles is impressive

·
Registered
525 Posts
^^^^ the wife is really wonting to get the sleds out as well, i know myself and wife and a couple other guys would love to join! need a good guide if just road and lake riding. if yall dont mind we would hookup, pry stay for couple days!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Just got home after the 8 hour return drive.
Put on 285 mile's, in 2 1/2 day's of riding.
Grease and Wally did a great job of guiding once again.
Had some fuel delivery issue's with My sled, and whacked a BIG rock on the Yukon Thurs.
Put a little kink in the tunnel, but otherwise the sled ran pretty well all weekend.

Would have been nice to have a few more people there, but all in all, I had a great weekend.

Thank's Again to Grease and Wally, for dragging Me around their little playground.
Literaly at one point!

Rick

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Festus33 said:
Just got home after the 8 hour return drive.
Put on 285 mile's, in 2 1/2 day's of riding.
Grease and Wally did a great job of guiding once again.
Had some fuel delivery issue's with My sled, and whacked a BIG rock on the Yukon Thurs.
Put a little kink in the tunnel, but otherwise the sled ran pretty well all weekend.

Would have been nice to have a few more people there, but all in all, I had a great weekend.

Thank's Again to Grease and Wally, for dragging Me around their little playground.
Literaly at one point!

Rick
Rick, I'm sure Greasemokey will have pictures of this[thumb]

Wish I could have made it but My committment to my motorcycle club, GWRRA at the International
otorcycle Show here in Minneapolis kind of trumped the Fanatics ride[:(] I did have a lost of fun down here and probably talked to at least 300 bikers at the show[thumb]

101 - 120 of 126 Posts