Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...just bought a 2019 renegade sport 600 it ran good for the first 200km or so but now it wants to flood after it starts and idles for a few minutes...the dealer looked at it and said there is nothing wrong with it...he also said that i am letting it idle to long that after 2-3min the carb will load up with fuel...he said start it and go...this makes no sense to me...pls help

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Welcome. Find a different dealer. There is an issue with the sled. I have a 1982 Yamaha Enticer that will idle for an entire tank of fuel. I can tell you why.....because it has a fuel system that works correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different dealer... i wish...he's the only dealer around...he says thats the way they are making them now
I have owned several sleds with manual chokes and never had this issue...i did get it going again...will let it warm up for 2-3min and go before the carbs loads up...lol
Each time i stop for any length of time i have to turn it off...lame

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Well, I guess if you figure out it's quirks just rock it the way it is. I guess maybe that is one plus to fuel injection. Good luck with it, be safe.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My guess is the plugs fouled and have not completely cleared up. Bought an 05 Yamaha Rage new and had a similar problem, replacement plugs lasted 8000 miles before selling the sled.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
does it flood the cylinders setting overnight with the fuel valve on? Or is this only while running? I do not know Doos. carbed or EFI?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts