Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reaching out to see if other Polaris VR1 850 owners are experiencing similar Initial Quality issues and poor Polaris Customer Service. We purchased two brand new 2021 Polaris VR1 850 129's last October 2021 from a Polaris dealer in Minnesota. During our first break-in trail ride in December one of the sleds check engine light came on with a diagnostics code of P0230: Fuel Pump Driver Circuit - Driver Circuit Open/Grounded. We immediately dropped the sled off at a local Polaris Dealer / Certified Repair Center. After approximately 3 weeks of completing Polaris Tech requested tests the dealer was approved to replace the fuel pump. We picked the sled up in late January only to get a few miles down the trail before the check engine light came on again with the same diagnostic code. We immediately returned the sled to the dealer and after another 8 weeks of completing requested tests by Polaris Techs the decision was made to re-flash the ECU. I received a call from the dealer indicating that the problem was resolved and that the sled is ready to pick up. One problem...its 50 degrees in N. Wisconsin and the snowmobile season is over. After missing the entire snowmobile season while Polaris requested test after test I was offered an extended warranty and an accessory coupon that expires in a few weeks. It was clear that the most important thing to Polaris was/is minimizing costs and not resolving the Initial Quality Issue quickly or ensuring the Customer Experience. So I'm left wondering if my Initial Polaris Snowmobile Quality Issue is common and if others are experiencing the same poor level customer care. Hard for me to trust the Brand after this expereince...your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Sounds like you got a good one and a bad one. We all know how these things are built and with the current times of parts unavailability, quality workmanship unavailability and an overall look out for one's self type climate we are in this situation does not surprise me. Unfortunately, you as the consumer are the one suffering when spending large amounts of hard earned money on a toy. This happens to vehicles and equipment that make people money too....imagine that nightmare.

Best of luck with the sled. Trade it in next season.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts