Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What modifications do u have to do to a switchback to put a two inch lug under it.

Edit: sled is a 07 Polaris switchback

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
If anything, you might have to put smaller drivers on it and change the gearing/clutching.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Is the 07 SB you have a IQ Chassis? On my dad's 2010 Polaris SB, we got on a 2'' track no problem

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I put a 1.75" track on my 08 switchback, I think a 2" would have fit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It will work no problem. I ran a 2" track in my old 06 switchback 600 with stock gearing, worked great in low elevation. I would re-gear to RMK specs if you take it out west though.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I'll be taking it out west. What do I have to change than as far as gearing. Also, is a rmk geared higher or lower

·
Registered
78 Posts
RMK has lower gearing....usually 19 tooth top, 41 tooth bottom.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i fit a 2 in in my 05 fusion iq chass. i am trying fo figure out gearing right now stock is 25/37think i will do 25/40 that is stock switchback gears i have a track for sale if you are looking for a 136

·
Registered
654 Posts
Dragon700 said:
we ran 19-38 gears with a 74 pitch chain I believe. Worked great.
what did you run that in what is the diff between the fusion stock chain 92p and $80 or a swithcback chain 80p and $35

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
900modman said:
Dragon700 said:
we ran 19-38 gears with a 74 pitch chain I believe. Worked great.
what did you run that in what is the diff between the fusion stock chain 92p and $80 or a swithcback chain 80p and $35
That was in a 2009 and 2010 Dragon 800's the 10 was a switchback. The P (Pitch) is a measurement for length. The 80 pitch will be cheaper because it is simply shorter.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Dekk85 said:
I am going to gear it to the 07 RMK specs.
No, gear it lower, or you will enjoy blowing belts out there. WHen we went we went a few teeth lower than what Polaris reccomends and we didnt blow a single belt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the process of putting a 144" rail extension and 2" track on my 2009 800 Dragon Switchback. I have been doing my homework on what gearing to use as well. If you plan on using the RMK gearing, keep in mind that the RMK uses a different helix in the secondary clutch. You can download the 2010 800 RMK 144 supplement off the Polaris website and compare to your sleds supplement to see the differences.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
http://www.bristowsinc.com/fiche_select1.asp?cat=Snowmobiles&mfg=Polaris
Stock specs for every sled you will have to worry about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well im bobby and i think that riding in fresh pow may plug the intake combustion chamber if there isnt a valve limiter on the canister.

the guy wit that 700 dragon prolly should be 90% torque. my summit is 88%

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok I need a little help. Made a little list of all the stuff I'm gonna need. Tell me if im on the right track or if im missing something.

- Sprocket, (19T, 3/4W)
- Sprocket, (41T)
- Secondary Helix (Ramp, Driven 56/42/36, LWER)
- Weights (Weight/Bushing, 10-56 )

I already have a 2 in ported Ski doo track that will fit.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
19/41 gearing works great, the stock SB helix should work decent and they can be changed out fairly quickly. And if that Doo track has the 2 big center ports you'll be sorry!! Should have bought one off an RMK or unported Camoplast and do a single port down center.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts