Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trails open in less than a week, over 18" on the hill...grooming starts when the trails open...

What kind of interest we got? dates? multiple rides (since gas has gone down, i don't want any complaints!)

finally got a sled worthy of a thousand miles, time to git r dun!

I got your number ACM!!! I'm gonna love looking at the spleen's splitter cowl over my shoulder!!! [8D][beatup]

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think it would be neat to have a couple of dates to get a group together. With Gas at around $2 per gallon, sure going to be able to do more for less this year! I am open many weekends as I do not plan much else during snowmobile season!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'll be up on the hill for a ride on the 27th. But there's a good chance I'll be up there either the 26th or Sunday the 28th. Maybe both. I'm off that Monday and Tuesday too. If I know a good amount of time in advance I can probably make it.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
mdmaniac said:
I got your number ACM!!! I'm gonna love looking at the spleen's splitter cowl over my shoulder!!! [8D][beatup]
Oh look at this.. everyone wants another stab at the spleen splitter this year cuz they got new sleds [lol8] Come get it baby!

I am ordering a gear today and picking up a new chain today. I hope to have my sled coverted to hyvo ASAP. My drivetrain is shot. I should be tearing into my rear suspension too. I will hog into everything here in the next couple weeks.

I am off work from the 15th to jan 3rd or so. I will be ready to ride as soon as the trails open! Dan, lets go!!

Sled worthy of a thousand miles? haha, I hope mine makes it that far. These old sleds are a bear to keep going problem free with. All the years of wear and tear really take their toll. Fingers crossed for mine!

I sold my trailer. So to get my sled up there I need to put it in my truck or I need to put it on someone elses trailer.

Oh, I got to get my windshield back from trickpaint too [:)]

·
Registered
466 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
mdmaniac said:
Oh look at this.. everyone wants another stab at the spleen splitter this year cuz they got new sleds [lol8] Come get it baby!

I am ordering a gear today and picking up a new chain today. I hope to have my sled coverted to hyvo ASAP. My drivetrain is shot. I should be tearing into my rear suspension too. I will hog into everything here in the next couple weeks.

I am off work from the 15th to jan 3rd or so. I will be ready to ride as soon as the trails open! Dan, lets go!!

Sled worthy of a thousand miles? haha, I hope mine makes it that far. These old sleds are a bear to keep going problem free with. All the years of wear and tear really take their toll. Fingers crossed for mine!

I sold my trailer. So to get my sled up there I need to put it in my truck or I need to put it on someone elses trailer.

Well... lets see the windshield!

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
If it's on a Sunday I could go with no problem and or you guys let me know on a date if it is on a Saturday and I'll take that day off.(just got to be in advanced so I can ask for it off that's all.)

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
MACHZRider said:
arcticcatmatt said:
mdmaniac said:

Well... lets see the windshield!
You want a shot at the title too? [beatup]

Just ordered my new upper TEAM gear and picked up a chain today. Should have the gear box done in 4 days when the stuff gets here.

If you ain't working on it you ain't ridding hard enough!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
i really hope to beable to go this year

·
Registered
385 Posts
Matt - get that thing running and lemme know - I am gonna go a lot as soon as snow falls. I am also off between xmas and the weekend after new years so I plan to go then too weather permitting.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I am game, saturday and sundays are open for me. I can get a gang of people to come if needed. Just figure out dates and let me know. I am not to far away from the hill. If anyone if looking for a riding partner when there is no group ride. Shoot m a pm. I am open to riding anywhere there is enough snow!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saturdays/sundays are good for me as well, just need advanced notice on the sats...

Snow is good now, kinda would like to get it as soon as everyone can...right now it looks like most people are going to have the week before, during and after xmas/new years off...might be a good time to get a small one going?

Hopefully gas will stay this way for a while!! It's amazing to see 1.95 for the first time in 3 years!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ Still over 2.30 down here
EMTP579 said:
Matt - get that thing running and lemme know - I am gonna go a lot as soon as snow falls. I am also off between xmas and the weekend after new years so I plan to go then too weather permitting.
It is running :) I just have to do a few things before hitting the trail. new drivetrain, new bearings, wanted to rebuild the shocks but probably wont, raise handlebars if I have time, new belt to order this week. Oh, and get that windshield back from paint to represent the spleen splitter [:D]

After the 15th.. I am ready to rip. Heading out of town for the holidays but will be here other than then.

They got snow up there, we will find it!

·
Registered
466 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
You want a shot at the title too? [beatup]

What title would that be? [LOL]

It's like a heavyweight going for the welterweight title! when that 600 is ready to step up a few classes let me know![Jack]

JK! The holiday time is good for me riding! I would love to get out on the hill more than once if possible over Christmas.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
I liked the idea of meeting up a mdmaniac's place. I hoping you guys decide on a sunday ride that would work out best for me but it's what everyone else wants... not me. sometimes it is hard for me to get saturdays off that is all. But that area may not have enough snow to leave from there...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Where is there good snow up there now? I want to head up to ride next weekend (prob Saturday) and I refuse to spend $80 to buy an Old Forge Trail Pass so no snodeo for me. Other than the time I rode from Blossvale, I normally drop either in Redfield, at the Grist Mill or Winona Forest/ Little John. It is kind of hard to tell where the best place to go would be as the trail reports are not updated yet. Tug Hill Area folks, any snow tips?

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Their is enough snow up there if it does not rain a lot. Here are some pics from monday

2008121012271462_8185.jpg

This is my sled stuck in redfield

20081210122714921_8185.jpg

Firecat59's sled stuck also, yes he is standing and is about 6ft tall. Their was at least 4ft of powder.

20081210122715875_8185.jpg

All of us at flat rock.

-Overall the trails were good a little bumpy here and there. Towards the end the groomers were out and we were lucky enough to ride on some nice flat trails.

-From Florence area and up has enough snow to ride on but, after all the rain I won't be to sure. We dropped at snow ridge in turin n.y.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We got snow, spotty in corners, okay base underneath, need another 6-10" for excellent riding. when we gonna do this group ride, sunday would be best, maybe the weekend of MLK that way we can all have a day to rest?

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.