Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's the main advantage of using those oversized carbs ,, i installed them on my t-cat last night and seems to run ALOT better then the old 38's i had on there before.
any reason why ,,is it cause more gas is let through?????

·
Registered
287 Posts
More gas and air are able to get through, depending on jetting and cutaway of the slides, etc...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it gives the machine more power????? cause that's what it sure feels like ,, i could honestly see a BIG difference,,, i could barely hold the ski's on the ground for 100 feet.
the jet's that i have in there now are 450

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didn't check cause i'm still on the first tank since i put the new clutch and carbs in ,, plus my tubes in the carbs are Q5 and not the standar Q0 or Q4's ,,,,,so ya the gas is flowing good ,, no lack of power there i can gurantee you that

·
Registered
975 Posts
[:D]Think maybe you'd better invest in one of those buddy tanks for extra gas. Just kidding. I love it when people put changes or add-ons on their sleds and they pan out for them. Have fun. Mark

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by razorsharp
[br]450 jets!!!! that's like running a garden hose of gas. What kind of milage do get?
LOL! [:D]

I bet she rips though!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually last night i took her out again for a good 30 mile run , and i was pretty heavy on the trhottle ,, and by the time i got home ,, i had more then half the tank ,, i'd say i was at about 3/4 so it's not that bad.
But i can guarantee that she goes like thunder, ehheheh Again last night another 3 inches of snow along with the 5 or 6 yesterday. But in that powder i had NO TROUBLES AT ALL bringing her over 100mph ,, i can't WAIT to try her out on the hard stuff

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I got them on my ultra. take a look at some UFOs and once you get them dailed in, it will really blow you away. What a difference in the low end and midrange. Also improved my mileage.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UFO's what do you mean by that HOTROD ,, not to sure what you mean ,, maybe i'm used to a different term ,, but sounds pretty interesting.
Sure the machine got plenty of torque,,, but horsepower is addictive and can never be TO STRONG , heheh let me know ,,i'm curious

1 - 12 of 12 Posts