Snowmobile Fanatics banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
erick said:
Yes, I demand my $160 video.
$160.00 in damage to the skid?.....are the rails you added not that strong or did you really land hard on 1 side? surprised you didnt notice something before you saw it in the truck.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
He did land pretty tail first, more than once. Long rails and tail landings are not usually a good combo.

Come to think of it, I do actually remember seeing that erick's suspension didn't look quite square, but I didn't say anything and just figured he was sitting on an uneven surface.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
pooxcsp500 said:
$160.00 in damage to the skid?.....are the rails you added not that strong or did you really land hard on 1 side? surprised you didnt notice something before you saw it in the truck.
The third time I jumped it I landed right on that corner of the sled. That must have been the time the wheel popped off. I thought I was going off the sled too, but I managed to ride it out. I was pretty high in the air and I guess hit the ground just right to do that. I've never had a bent rail before...and these rails are just as strong as stock rails, certainly stronger than rail extensions. The same company who makes all the rails for Polaris made these custom ones.

So, a new wheel is about $35 since I lost the other one and if I need a new rail it will be $125. It's "fairly" straight now...just a bit tipped up in the back in comparison to the other. I'll see how it is while riding before determining if I'm going to get another.

I didn't notice any real difference riding the sled after that. Nothing ratcheted in the skid and the hyfax didn't wear unevenly. Some people noticed the wheel gone and that didn't bother me much so I didn't look at it closely until the morning.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Pman is one of the funniest, nicest person you will meet.

I hope I didn't blow his cover.

Pooxcsp500, i wee your reading. The first thing my wife said to me when I got home was 'what's that smell'. Well dear, that's the smell of sh!t :)

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Ha, I forgot about this topic.

Pigboy, you're so full of it... I'm not nice. Nor am I funny. Stop lying to everyone.

Cody still hasn't showed me any video, the prick. I'll try to get my hands on it and post it up here.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts