Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 3rd annual SF tug hill group ride is edging it's way towards us and before we all know it we will be riding together again. So Lets begin so planning, help from last years crew is well appreciated that's sure. Things like, what you liked, where you would like to go or not to go, and or places to eat, starting time.( I prefer starting at 9am but that is just me) Only problem I can really see as of right now is where we have parked the vehicles and trailers, reason I say this is because MDmaniac has no sled for this year [Disappointed] unless he gets one before this upcoming season... So throw out some ideas and we will see what everyone thinks about the ideas. I can do a good amount of things towards this ride but don't want to be considered "Leader" or "In charge". Now lets all pray for some snow!

Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Last year's ride was fun. Only 2 issues for me: I could have done without having to take care of the dude that crashed (haha) and we need to make sure to get gas at a place with more than one pump. Oh and no middle of the ride demo rides haha - made for a long drive home getting back that late. 8 or 9 is a decent start time for those of us that have to drive, unless someone wants to offer accomodations for us down staters! All and all a good time.

We can also drop somewhere else if need be - Grist Mill has a big lot, Winona Forest is a great place to ride, etc.

And didn't Brendan just get that sled?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Anything south or east from where you are is downstate haha

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to start at 8 or 9 that is no big deal for me that's for sure! We will have to see on a location...? I'd like to ride up near Winona forest... But we would need a leader that knew those trails and did not want to go 100 mph, 30-40 trail speeds 60 or so for open stretches, we are not racers so lets keep it that way. Thing is where do we drop off at? I'd like a big long loop with good food of course lol. The earlier we start the better! How would I get to grist mills if I was to ride from home? How long of a ride possibly? I'll have to try and look at my map.

Update: I just looked at my map, and from the looks of it I can ride from my house no problem. However, I will be riding at trail speeds such as 40 or so, I'm unsure how long it would take to get to grist mills restaurant or whatever it is called. I like the ideas of this ride already, lets keep this thread going. Think snow guys!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I will Join in on this Ride as well let me know what date and I’ll get ready for it. I have never been in tug hill area only in Old Forge once so will be nice to see more of that area.[thumb]

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for the date that's on hold. We will not be able to tell until snow fall. Maybe a mid january ride like last year and maybe even a end of the season ride also. Everything is up in the air right now. I know in Highmarket, N.Y they have said that a couple days ago there was frost and people had to scrap it, so we are getting close. Keep throwing out ideas and we will chat about it. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Depending on date, I'm down for a ride this year. Wasn't really adventurous last year so I want to get out more this year. And I'd like to meet some SF guys. I'll be watchin this close!

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
ArcticCatMatt? Any ideas?
I was at haydays when you posted.

I agree with what emtp579 said. The ride for us non-locals was not the best last time with guys out doing demo rides while we sat and waited and stuff.

Eliminate that stuff and 1 hr gas stops because of one pump and we have a good ride.

A good loop with food and a decent gas stop has my vote. I don't care if it is a brand name loop like highmarket or any of the others.. that is not a requirement. I need to get working on my sled, after I paint my house and fence.

·
Registered
474 Posts
what town does this start in??

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
arcticcatmatt said:
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
ArcticCatMatt? Any ideas?
I was at haydays when you posted.

I agree with what emtp579 said. The ride for us non-locals was not the best last time with guys out doing demo rides while we sat and waited and stuff.

Eliminate that stuff and 1 hr gas stops because of one pump and we have a good ride.

A good loop with food and a decent gas stop has my vote. I don't care if it is a brand name loop like highmarket or any of the others.. that is not a requirement. I need to get working on my sled, after I paint my house and fence.
Like I said above it don't matter where we go but I do however want it to be up north. I don't want to lead the pack either, I like to hang in the back and watch people lay their sleds in ditches while taking off.(No names lmao!!!) But, I do want to start at a decent time in the morning not like 1030 or 11 like last year.

Sorry guys I had to. LMAO!

2009917212131276_8185.jpg

2009917212132370_8185.jpg

2009917212133448_8185.jpg

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
i would probbably attend again this year but probably wont if we start from the gristmill parish area been there too much and dont like the trails and could i possibly sleep in somebodys garadge or something? lol that was a loong ride home after riding all day haha jk

·
Registered
622 Posts
polaris91 said:
i would probbably attend again this year but probably wont if we start from the gristmill parish area been there too much and dont like the trails and could i possibly sleep in somebodys garadge or something? lol that was a loong ride home after riding all day haha jk
I would go but 8 or 9 sounds like better start time cause people always show up late no matter what they tell you.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I'm would like to shoot a starting time between 8am-9am. Also shooting for a sunday if possible or unless we can find a week day to ride, like maybe a Tuesday or a Thursday. It's all up in the air right now. The week day may be hard for most of us but we'll have to see.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts