·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
arcticcatmatt said:
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
ArcticCatMatt? Any ideas?
I was at haydays when you posted.

I agree with what emtp579 said. The ride for us non-locals was not the best last time with guys out doing demo rides while we sat and waited and stuff.

Eliminate that stuff and 1 hr gas stops because of one pump and we have a good ride.

A good loop with food and a decent gas stop has my vote. I don't care if it is a brand name loop like highmarket or any of the others.. that is not a requirement. I need to get working on my sled, after I paint my house and fence.
Like I said above it don't matter where we go but I do however want it to be up north. I don't want to lead the pack either, I like to hang in the back and watch people lay their sleds in ditches while taking off.(No names lmao!!!) But, I do want to start at a decent time in the morning not like 1030 or 11 like last year.

Sorry guys I had to. LMAO!

2009917212131276_8185.jpg

2009917212132370_8185.jpg

2009917212133448_8185.jpg
Notice how it's always the Cat's that get stuck? [thumb]

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Just let me know the date. And I will tag along. I agree with everyone with the earlier start date and the more riding. I am not a fan of a ton of pit stops and such. I know that sometimes, such as a sled breaking down or something is un-avoidable. But I would love to do a nice loop like acmatt described. Let it snow guys!

I think up north would be better to plan for, because if they don't have snow most of ny doesn't either. I think we should do a lower new york ride also. Because when they do have the snow, there is some really great riding down there. I think most of you can agree with me that have rode down there.

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
Yea okay lol! Matt wanna go swimming next season lol. That was a fun ride the year before.
Cats don't like water!

Eliminate the lake too.. 3-4 guys really did not want to be out on no stupid lake [:D]

I was about to get my sled out and get working on it but this swine flu bull crap has slowed me down. You guys going to start planning this thing right now? Lay out some routes and some ideas?

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
arcticcatmatt said:
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
Yea okay lol! Matt wanna go swimming next season lol. That was a fun ride the year before.
Cats don't like water!

Eliminate the lake too.. 3-4 guys really did not want to be out on no stupid lake [:D]

I was about to get my sled out and get working on it but this swine flu bull crap has slowed me down. You guys going to start planning this thing right now? Lay out some routes and some ideas?
You, dan, and myself were some to name that did not want to go on the water. lol. Yes I do want to plan a route out.(A loop) Boltzy is right though, sometimes you almost have to go up to the tug hill to get ridable snow. We will have to see how the snow is and plan it from there. I think boltzy also has another good idea, a second ride but more southern... Except I have never rode down that way so it wouls all be new to me. I still don't want to lead this years first ride, I'd rather have Dan or someone who knows that area or at least some what. Also hence the reason, I DON'T WANT TO GO LIKE A BAD OUTTA HELL! I want to trail ride and play around not ride like a snocross racer! It was down in the 30's last night so, it's getting close. Let it snow!

polarissledneck28 said:
Just let me know the date. And I will tag along. I agree with everyone with the earlier start date and the more riding. I am not a fan of a ton of pit stops and such. I know that sometimes, such as a sled breaking down or something is un-avoidable. But I would love to do a nice loop like acmatt described. Let it snow guys!

I think up north would be better to plan for, because if they don't have snow most of ny doesn't either. I think we should do a lower new york ride also. Because when they do have the snow, there is some really great riding down there. I think most of you can agree with me that have rode down there.
Boltzy, I've still got your cell number unless you've changed it, so I'll text you on a exact date. Any idea if Brenden is going to get another sled? Bobby is sledless once again! He traded his 2005 F-7 snopro for a bike. [V]

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
ya the number is still the same steve. I don't think Brendan is going to have a sled for this season. But I could be wrong. But I would talk to him and you would know why. Bobby has a bike now, jeez sledding is so much better. j/k. I guess we will hafta go with what we got and who we got. We could plan a nice ride before hand and make sure we follow that route. Where do you think parking would be best? I mean I park a lot in camden behind the dpw or the legion. the trails are usually pretty good from there. that would be good so you would not have to trailer. I am not much of a leader, but i think dan would make a good one also. He is organized and thinks about things before we do them. Dont want to be getting lost!

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
polarissledneck28 said:
ya the number is still the same steve. I don't think Brendan is going to have a sled for this season. But I could be wrong. But I would talk to him and you would know why. Bobby has a bike now, jeez sledding is so much better. j/k. I guess we will hafta go with what we got and who we got. We could plan a nice ride before hand and make sure we follow that route. Where do you think parking would be best? I mean I park a lot in camden behind the dpw or the legion. the trails are usually pretty good from there. that would be good so you would not have to trailer. I am not much of a leader, but i think dan would make a good one also. He is organized and thinks about things before we do them. Dont want to be getting lost!
Right we will see, it's all up in the air right now. I'm sure Dan will chime in here soon. Also Dan, don't think we are just throwing you into being the leader. My reason for say Dan is because he has been up that way before and I think with ACM so I figured that Dan would know the area better than myself and maybe some others.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
im in but the grist mills area is old news to me and regardless of how big the lot is it fills up very fast and if you park on the side of the road you get towed ha ha ha

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
^ Your talking Winona right? Yeah we have ridden there alot. It is great if all you want to do is ride. I don't think there are places to eat right close by or get gas.. those are a little bit away. Winona has a ton of groomed logging type roads and very few tight trails. Good scenery. We like it there because of the lack of people and great snowcover. When we go we start in Winona and head out of it a ways, do our thing, then come back. I don't think we have had a bad trip there that we regretted. It is a hot spot for us twin tier sleddin forum members.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
thatd be pretty cool

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Sounds like a plan Machzrider. I want to get some cool pictures too. Polaris91, if need be you could stay at my house the day before the ride, we would just have to leave real early to make it up there to take off from Winona at like 9, at least that is when i want to take off from there anyways.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
thatd work with me

21 - 40 of 125 Posts