Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
Sounds like a plan Machzrider. I want to get some cool pictures too. Polaris91, if need be you could stay at my house the day before the ride, we would just have to leave real early to make it up there to take off from Winona at like 9, at least that is when i want to take off from there anyways.
I think 9am is a great time

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Pharotek said:
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
Sounds like a plan Machzrider. I want to get some cool pictures too. Polaris91, if need be you could stay at my house the day before the ride, we would just have to leave real early to make it up there to take off from Winona at like 9, at least that is when i want to take off from there anyways.
I think 9am is a great time
Yes for sure. Only thing I'd have to do is sometime before the ride see how long it will take myself to get up there that's all. Do we still want to meet at Grist Mills parking lot still? Or could a person(s) possibly meet my group there and maybe lead us up to the Winona trails? As far as I know I have Polaris91, Firecat59, Xcrxlt136 and possibly Thewayout440, in my group to ride up to Grist Mills and or where ever we as a group are meeting. First we should establish a meeting place and a route we will be riding and or alternate route in case of some changes, ect. I'm sure I will not be the only one with a map. Next would be to pick a day, I.E Sunday and date. The date is obviously on hold until we get some good snow on the ground. Thanks for giving your opinions and ideas, it makes planning for a good ride great when the ride actually goes on. We are not going to have a ride like the 1st annual ride. Some things happened after myself and a buddy of mine had to break off from the group.

·
Registered
466 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
What is the gorge?
Whetstone State Park. The Whetstone Gorge seems to be a hotspot on Tug Hill. You can find a lot of Tug Hill snowmobile videos on youtube usually pass through. If you google it you can see some cool pics. I guess the snowmobile trail runs right up to it.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
What is the gorge?
the gorge is place on tughill near flatrock. it is a big canyon of some sort. nice to take pictures at.

I have never rode wionia (sp) forest. I hear it is amazing and provides many miles of great trails. I just want to be able to stop @ some place with more than one pump and paying street price for gas.

thanks for filling the rest in machzrider!

·
Registered
385 Posts
We can definitely plan something out as we get an idea of how this weather is going to shape up. We also had some great rides in several areas last year south of 'Cuse. Can't wait for the snow!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Count me in for tughill. I will more than likely bring a few friends. The one guy I know goes there a few times through out the winter and brings his big trailor. I never went with them last year but, I guess they take the sleds out of the trailor and sleep in there. They got a heater in there. He owns www.kjmotorsports.com When I go with them this year I'll have to make sure its the date of the SF group ride.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm definitely in. Do you need any special trail passes for Tug Hill? Or am I thinking of Old Forge??

Just have to find a place to stay, that's about a 4 hour drive for me. [:D]

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm in this year, got a faster sled, so i can keep up with the group, hopefully i dont get stopped for my can, lol. i live about 30 minutes from the griss(spelling?) mill.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I'd like to make it too, but will have to see how finances are closer to that time.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't know guys, I don't think my little sleds and my big ass can keep up with you more advanced sledders! But if you think it would be something I could do let me know. I am sure I could find some time off from work to go up there. (never been out side of my little town on a sled) would be rather entertaining.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Im in for sure,maybe my son can go depending on what day,and time..Its a 3-4hr drive for me,but dont mind it,and id have to drive back that night,dont really want to stay the night unless we did a 2 day ride or something.

·
Registered
584 Posts
it sounds like you guys are going on the western side of tug hill i hope you come closer to highmarket area and the gorge would be a nice stop i know all the trails in that area by heart get there early before it gets bumpy

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
It' don't matter to me much where we ride as long as its in the tug and we don't ride like sno cross racers... I want to enjoy myself that's all. I want us all being able to ride again this group ride.

41 - 60 of 125 Posts