Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ordering 4 inch risers for my 94 XLT will i need to have extensions on any cables or anything? thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
Probably not. The best thing to do is to unbolt your bars and see how high you can go with them before ordering.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It will be very close. If my memory serves me correct my throttle cable was absolutely tight with a 3 inch block riser on my 95 xcr 600.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i put a 4 inch on my 98 Xc 700 and I could have gone with no extensions if I moved a few things around but it was TIGHT. For peace of mind I bought throttle cable and brake extensions so that way when i wanna move to a 6" riser i dont need to buy anything else. Like Bames said, Unbolt them and then go from there but its really not too expensive if you have to buy throttle cable and brake line extensions.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just put a 2" powermadd one on my 93 XLT and the brake line is a little tight when turning, so i would say no way to the 4" one. U will need the extensions for both, unless u are buying a true vertical spacer then maybe? the other kind push the bars back away from the engine area towards rider

·
Registered
26 Posts
aubrey650 said:
Im ordering 4 inch risers for my 94 XLT will i need to have extensions on any cables or anything? thanks
your brake and throttle if u want to be able to turn with peace of mind lol
it will just make everything tight i would give urself extra room for
peace of mind

·
Registered
659 Posts
You will have to extend your throttle and re route your break I have a 95 with a 3 inch riser and had to get a throttler cable extension you dont want it to be tight or it could cause problem.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
the brake you can reroute, throttle will need to be extended.. powermadd makes a cheap extension but it does make the throttle stiffer. the rise on my xc was between 4 and 5 with the bars i had and it needed the extension and to re route the other crap.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah ulbolt everything and measure. I have a 95 supersport and I put a 4" riser on mine and was fine. I did re-route some wires etc. Not tight at all....still have some play even when steering is turned either way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will have to extend your throttle and re route your break I have a 95 with a 3 inch riser and had to get a throttler cable extension you dont want it to be tight or it could cause problem.
Where did you get the throttle cable extension I have a 95 Indy xlt and I have a 3 inch riser on but need a cable extension do you know where I could find one?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts