Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i finnaly got my new toy i got a 2001 honda 400ex got a great deal on it from a guy from my area came with all paper work owners manual 1 owner machine only riden a couple times i took her out yesterday rides great my question is it has 20x10x9 tires on the rear do i have to use that exact same tire size when i replace em it has 9 inch rims so im wondering if i could use like a 20x11x9 or something like that can i use a wider tire as long as its a 9 inch rim size i know i can go to a taller tire but just wondering on the width and if i was to change to a 22 instead of a 20 would thid look dumb on there anyone donr this on theres thanx guys im very new to atvs cant ride my sled so i have to be able to play with something

·
Registered
671 Posts
you can get a 22-10-9, but u cant get a 22-11-9, you ave 9 inch rims like you said, but yor rim is 10 inches across, and if u get 22-11-9 it wont fit, you can change the tire diamter, but the rest you have to stay the same uncless u get new rims. and changing tire size changes gearing too.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got new maxxis razr tires for the rear 20x11x9 mounted right on stoke rims a guy in michigan who sold tires told me i could and he was right they fit right on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts