Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy picked up a 99 xc 600 with ten thousand mile for 400 bucks today. guy put a hole in radiator, worth fixing or part out for nice profit?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
if he parted out itd be a decent profit, not to hard to pass $400... but look and see how much psi is in the cylinders, if it needs a rebuild might be better to part out. i imagine you can part out a while motor for 5-600$ these days, maybe i am wrong which im sure someone will correct me on. what other sleds does he have in the garage, might be no reason to "just ride it"

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bj.hardy said:
if he parted out itd be a decent profit, not to hard to pass $400... but look and see how much psi is in the cylinders, if it needs a rebuild might be better to part out. i imagine you can part out a while motor for 5-600$ these days, maybe i am wrong which im sure someone will correct me on. what other sleds does he have in the garage, might be no reason to "just ride it"
dallas said they scoped it, everything is a go just dumps coolant

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
If it is the front heat exchanger that is damaged, part it out. You have to take most of the sled apart anyways (pull the motor out, take out the track, rear suspension, drive axle) in order to replace the front exchanger. Quite labor-extensive.
Part it out for a nice profit and then use that money to buy a nice sled.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
If it is the front heat exchanger that is damaged, part it out. You have to take most of the sled apart anyways (pull the motor out, take out the track, rear suspension, drive axle) in order to replace the front exchanger. Quite labor-extensive.
Part it out for a nice profit and then use that money to buy a nice sled.
yeah im with ya on that, i could use a couple parts myself

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Depends on the condition if you want to part it. With that many miles, I would imagine the entire sled needs some TLC. To be quite honest, to make any money on ANYTHING besides the motor, it's going to have to be perfect. Everyone has a cracked hood, torn seat and worn track. $0.
Big Block 600's bring some decent money, especially the CDI and carbs. Sell those separate.

D

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I'll drive to forest lake this weekend and give you $500.
It just depends on what kind of condition the motor is in. If it has good compression, I'd just ride it. My 01 XC 600 has over 9,000 miles on the original motor and runs perfect, only had to replace the head o rings once, that was the only time the motor was even opened up. I clean the carbs every spring and make sure I always run Polaris VES oil. If it was well maintained, it should last quite a long time.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have a front heat exchanger if he's gonna fix it...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dodger said:
I have a front heat exchanger if he's gonna fix it...
[/quote

thanx ill let him know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts