Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With close consideration of my options i have decided to try to upgrade to a 488cc Fuiji block in my 88 indy 400. I have found a guy with the whole top end for a 488cc but he doesn't have the bottom end. I have heard it is possible to put a top end of a 488cc on the bottom end of my 398cc. Is this true?? Also, can i use the same coil, stator, cdi box, and wiring harness from my 398cc block??

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
is the 488 liquid cooled? you need a liquid cooled top end for that swap. everything can be used with exception i think youll need 38mm carbs. the cdi should probally be switched i really dont know for sure but i did this swap before and just used a 400 cdi. i think i checked and aftermarket were the same part number. mine ran fine and i think its still running, since sold it. if you need carbs im sure someone will have a set cheap. but youll also need to find out the jetting for the 500.
if you need carbs im pretty sure i can put together a set including whatever jetting you need.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There were 488 Fuji liquids using the 34mm carbs. These were used for touring sleds and the widetracks I believe. The 34s give better low end grunt and better fuel economy while giving up about 3 hp @ wot.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you want a 500 topend I have the complete motor from a 92. the only things missing from it is the crank and the carbs. if you want the motor with pipe and everything else its yours for $100 + shipping. or make me an offer. that will give you all the parts you need to do the swap.
let me know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sTOrMy96 said:
If you want a 500 topend I have the complete motor from a 92. the only things missing from it is the crank and the carbs. if you want the motor with pipe and everything else its yours for $100 + shipping. or make me an offer. that will give you all the parts you need to do the swap.
let me know.
yeah i'm interested
Email me at [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts