Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever put the 42.5" stance front suspension on a wedge? (i know the widest they came with was the 41"). Do you foresee any problems with doing that since they never came with it?

thanks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's right, i forgot about that, although that 43.5 was only the one year....then they went to 42.5.

The only thing i am wondering though is that that was with the longer x-12 trailing arms, never with the x-10. I wonder if that would matter?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have my sport cranked out to 42" at the carbides.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]I have my sport cranked out to 42" at the carbides.
Your 87 in your sig? How did you do that?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by BarkMulcher
[br]Are you certain they are longer? How long are they the extra-10's? How long are the newer 2003-2005 Edge front arms??
Well, i have never actually seen it in person, but i have read several times that the wedge x-12 arms were longer and mounted on the belly farther back.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by eddiejr
[br]
I put 95 storm trailing arms on with 96 ultra rad/steering arms. Then adjusted them out to the 42"'s. I also used 95 xcr 600 shocks and springs.

[attachment=24090]

[attachment=24089]

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[br]
Originally posted by eddiejr
[br]
I put 95 storm trailing arms on with 96 ultra rad/steering arms. Then adjusted them out to the 42"'s. I also used 95 xcr 600 shocks and springs.
So how wide is your xcr? THe 340 actually looks like the trailing arms come out at a greater angle.....or is that sled just not as wide?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^The 440 has the tucked in trailing arm so it just looks that way. 440 is the same width. The rear points is where it throws people off.

[attachment=25557]

[attachment=2728]

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.