Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have found an engine for my kids '91 440 sport but the guy doesnt know what year it is and from the pictures it looks quite a bit older than a '91, I see the 432cc went back quite a few years but was there any major differences over the years that would prevent an older model engine from bolting up in my '91? and if so what years would be compatible with my '91 so I know what I have to look for

I dont want to make a project out of it and I'd like to keep it as simple as possible so I dont want something that wont be a direct swap and that I'd have to make work, I want something that all my original engine parts will bolt onto(carbs, exhaust, clutch) without too much trouble

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I do not know about older engines bolting right up, but the year the engine was produced should be on the engine, before the engine model number. In case of an older engine it will be below the exhaust manifold on the pto side, I believe. Like 86-XXXXXX, where 86 would be the production year, so it likely would have been installed in an '87 sled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts