Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 2004 proxR-440 with a proxr800 motor, with the stock 440 gearing (forgot what it is?) my gas milage sucks and i think its just too low causing my 1" track to spin more than anything. What do you recommend? Stock rev600, f6, rev800 were beating me last year in ANY type of race. I dont care about doing 100mph+, more concerned with 0-60. thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wish, it had the snox track but it was falling apart and i already had a brand new 1in studded track so i put it in. building a hot rod and it needed a new top end so didnt have the money. is also clutched with v-f3s, no pipes for me though, all trails.

·
Registered
863 Posts
sounds like you need a 1.75 like stated above. the power that motor is putting to the ground with that gearing and that small of a lug would spin forever. if your interested in 0-60 that should be your answer!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:( the track i just put in is brand new, only one 400 mile (if that) season on it! dont really want to spend the money on a new one and its a PITA to change out, i have 96 studs, would more help? keep in mine 99 percent of my riding is groomed trails in NH/ME

·
Registered
863 Posts
PolarisPuglia said:
:( the track i just put in is brand new, only one 400 mile (if that) season on it! dont really want to spend the money on a new one and its a PITA to change out, i have 96 studs, would more help? keep in mine 99 percent of my riding is groomed trails in NH/ME
yeah i wouldn't go over 1.25-1.5 for trail riding anyways.
more studs would most likely help. that motor is probly running about 150hp so it should have ateleast 144 studs or more for trail riding. agressive trail riding it should have about 192

·
Registered
58 Posts
my

IQ shift 600 have 1.25" track and i like it!

no studs tho. keep up with a XC 600 Race sled with Studs ( 1.25" Track )

and my Rev 440 have 1.75" Track

my XC 500 long track 1.5" , 14" Track

1 - 7 of 7 Posts