Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 1991 Artic cat Prowler. 440 liquid cooled. can i just use mixed gas in the tank, will i be OK??? Someone said i could burn out the low end bearings ?? The oil pump return spring for the throttle broke. Artic cat says i have to buy a whole oil pump, WHat???? easy if i just new i could use mixed gas. Thanks in advance for any reply....

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yes you can run it on pre mix.
But you're going to want to disconnect the oil line's, and plug all the port's they run to.
Pulling the pump itself, and sealing the pump mount with a plate and seal is also a good idea.

Or you can just find another pump at a salvage yard.
In which case you're gonna need to run the first tank or two on pre mix until you know the new pump is working right.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why can't i just dissconnect the cable where it hooks to the pump. is that ok

Festus33 said:
Yes you can run it on pre mix.
But you're going to want to disconnect the oil line's, and plug all the port's they run to.
Pulling the pump itself, and sealing the pump mount with a plate and seal is also a good idea.

Or you can just find another pump at a salvage yard.
In which case you're gonna need to run the first tank or two on pre mix until you know the new pump is working right.

Rick

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
That would work, but if you're going to convert to strictly pre mix why not strip all the extra junk out.
Also without oil going to the pump, eventually the pump shaft will seize, strip the pump gear, and leave the shaving's in your crank, Not Good for the bottom end.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for the advice.

uote=originally posted by Festus33]
That would work, but if you're going to convert to strictly pre mix why not strip all the extra junk out.
Also without oil going to the pump, eventually the pump shaft will seize, strip the pump gear, and leave the shaving's in your crank, Not Good for the bottom end.

Rick
[/quote]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts