Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a rotax 440 a few months back, but here in georgia we dont get much snow so its going on a buggy style go kart. it has a tillotson hd-138 carb on it but the choke is missing. so ive been choking it with a rag, i know its horribvle but it works. originally i set the slow and high speed fuel to 1 turn out each, with no luck, finally got it to run with about 2 1/2 turns on low and about two turns on high. i cant find anything for that carb. so i guess my question is can i run any tilly hd carb on it? should the needles be turned out that much? any advice or suggestions for a newbie to two stokes? i can can work on any car, truck, aircraft carrier.... but new to this so any help is appreciated

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would look up the size of the jets for the temp that you are going to be running at because the motor should be set up at for a cold running. You should also change the idle jets for the temps as well. The thing that would help you out on the temp issue is dial a jet. You set the jets 4-6 sizes smaller than when is recommended for the temp or alt and then you dial in the right amount of fuel and this will make the running issues easier to manage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts