Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you get a 440 Sno Pro brand new? on Arctic Cat's website it says that the 440 is for team arctic riders only. If they are only for team arctic riders only, then why do you see a whole bunch of people buying them that are not even connected with team arctic. There must be a certain place selling them brand new to their customers, or at least a local dealer should be able to get one to sell. Post your ideas and comments. I would also like to know how much these things would cost brand new.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
You cant buy them brand new without a racing resume. About the only way to get one is buy a used one of a racer. They upgrade sleds every year. Modifying them for the trail is also a must.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
look on ebay. they have about a million of them that are BETTER than brand new.. with VERY low hours.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
You cant unless its a leftover, all the guys you see buy them used or race! Price can be as high as 7500.00 if you can find one new, But they go pretty cheap after a year of racing, sometimes guys quit after a few races and sell them plus their all set up already! They will have to be converted for trail riding if thats what you plan on doing with it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Since i have to buy one used what should i look for when searching for one? Basically, how long are these sleds good for before they break.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Way more durable than a firecat!!! it is a firecat chassis with reinforcements in all the right places for racing durability,the bulkhead is reinforced and so is the rear skid rails.The main stuff you want to look for is the chassis condition loose rivits, bends, cracks,look at the foot rests to see if their smashed, pull the seat and check where the tunnel tips up for cracks,also look around the airbox for bends all to see if it was wrecked. how long ago the shocks were rebuilt, compression, and the track alot of sno-x tracks loose lugs and stretch out quick!! Plus side is it will probably be studded, clutched, new skis, and have traction grips already!!! I love my 03 sno pro [attachment=52905][attachment=52906]

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts