Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 06 IQ 440 race chassis(trail converted), how tough is the 600 swap? which 600s will fit?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
The 600HO is pretty much a direct swap. Go to www.jspowersports.com and click on the IQr section for every part you will need for a 600 trail conversion.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The 600 v.e.s. will fit, but i read somewhere that the 600 h.o. is the easiest to do.http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=226171 EDIT King beat me by 9 seconds, bravo.

·
Registered
232 Posts
quick q. is the difference between the h.o. and the ves is that the ves has variable exaust and the h.o. doesnt?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
^^^No, the HO, VES and R engines all have 600cc displacement and variable Exhaust. The differences between the VES and HO is in the porting and cylinder design, the newer HO engine has a larger case volume and is ported a little better resulting in more HP.

·
Registered
232 Posts
^^^ thanx!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Any interest in buying one thats already done? I've got an 06 IQR with a 07 600HO motor in it I might be looking to get rid of.

Chad

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
powersledder said:
^^^No, the HO, VES and [highlight=red]R[/highlight=red] engines all have 600cc displacement and variable Exhaust. The differences between the VES and HO is in the porting and cylinder design, the newer HO engine has a larger case volume and is ported a little better resulting in more HP.
And the R motor is a longer stroke motor. putting out a few more ponys

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Dragon700 said:
powersledder said:
^^^No, the HO, VES and [highlight=red]R[/highlight=red] engines all have 600cc displacement and variable Exhaust. The differences between the VES and HO is in the porting and cylinder design, the newer HO engine has a larger case volume and is ported a little better resulting in more HP.
And the R motor is a longer stroke motor. putting out a few more ponys
yess thats why if you want to spend a little money, the r motor's w/ oil injection are and awesome way to go, thats what im doing w/ my iqr600 i just got the kit today, Nate at Js Powersports is very knowledgeable and an awesome guy to work with, he can answer almost any questions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts