Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to mount a 1997 680 tripple in a 1998 xcr 440 chasiss. neither of the engine plates work and the steering looks verry close, im not sure that this is possable without some major mod. is there an engine plate from a diferent sle that can be used

·
Registered
54 Posts
manitoba440 said:
does anyone know how to mount a 1997 680 tripple in a 1998 xcr 440 chasiss. neither of the engine plates work and the steering looks verry close, im not sure that this is possable without some major mod. is there an engine plate from a diferent sle that can be used
do you have CRC steering? i am having the same dilemma... i took out the 680 from my ultra to put a 440... the 680 uses 2 separate alum bars for the mount... i am thinking it will be easier to put your 680 than for me to put my 440 as i have to build a custom mount to extend my motor 3 inches futher to align with the secondary....

·
Registered
54 Posts
manitoba440 said:
yes i think it has the crc buththe stator side engine mount doesnt line up
are the 440 mounts both on the secondary side of the steering post? if they are you need to drill the other holes on the chain case side of the bulk-head... this week i am building my custom mount.. when i do i will post up pics.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
manitoba440 said:
where does it get tight on the 680? does it look like the steering arm in the front is almost touching the crank case? if so its was a tight fit in my ultra, maybe 1/4 inch of clearance in this spot...

if you need any 680 motor parts pm me i have a complete motor thats blew a head gasket.... im in quebec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts