Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who bought a 1999 XCR 440 Gen II and the sled has different clutch springs then what came stock. I am not real impressed with how it shifts at the moment and was wondering what springs I may be able to use. Currently i have an EPI red primary 145-300 and an EPI seconday purple 50-75 laying around that i would like to try. I think the Hexlix in the secondary is still the R8 so i was wondering if this combination would work. I looks the like the springs I have choosen are close to stock. what do you guys think. Also this sled has a 1.25 ripsaw and xtra 12 suspension under it, so it may need a little more grunt on the bottom end to get moving. It is geared down one tooth on the top spro ket also.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I am not sure on the EPI rates. I think NickJ uses EPI and he runs a pink primary? I would be able to give you a great set up if you had HSP springs. Best bet is try the spring and see what happens. Those sleds come factory with Xtra-10 and not Xtra-12, so your weight might not transfer as well. Other than that they are great sleds. You can also opt out of the R8 and get a HSP 36S helix and run a HSP Orange #3.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't mind getting new springs for it, but he doesn't want to spend much money at the moment. If the springs i have work it would be great. The xtra 12 was an add on from the previous owner, so hopefully it does not hinder performance to much.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yup, best bet is try the other springs and see how it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts