Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do most of the pics people put out have a 440 or some such as the jumping, mogal bashing sled. I know they are cheaper, but is that the only reason? I ride an 800 and do everything I see in most of the pics. Jumps, power turns in powder and hard pack, etc. I do a litte extreme riding also. Yes it is heavier, but it still does quite nice. Here is your chance to interject your sleds prowess.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I think it's just because 440 twins are everywhere, and 800 twins aren't as numerous yet. I ride a 440, but i would love to tromp around a torquey 800 in the moguls like you. I guess the only difference is that i can't afford a new one. Show us some pics of yours.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Never riden an 800 before, but I'd have to say the bigest reason would be the weight issue. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i'm thinkin it's because those race 440s are set up to handle the big bumps and jumps- their suspensions are a lot heavier duty. the 'trail' sleds aren't as durable in that respect

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
it is because most of the 440s you see are race sleds. They are built light for big jumping and durable so they hold up to it. ANd they have plenty of power to launch. Lots of the sleds taht say 440 on the hood you see in movies and such I would bet money on are not 440s under the hood.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good call Dog. You rarely see a 440 race sled w/ a 440 under the pretty little hood.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles; baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
there's a reason for not seeing the 440, if it's a MOD class. if it's in the stock classes though, ya kinda have to keep it a 440.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts