Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 4 inch handle bar riser over the weekend for my sled, its nice and all, but the biggest draw back is that I can't use my OEM bar pad and cover, the solution, I'm gonna make one myself, but now I'm thininking about changing, has anyone ever rode with a 4 inch and liked it or didn't like it? I'll probally make a 4 inch, a 3 inch and a 2 inch, its really easy actually, I have a MIG welder, and a plasma cutter, so I'm all set, what I'm gonan do is cut some 2X3 inch pieces of steel, and weld a 4inch pipe between them. if it works out good, I might even make some more and sell them for like 25 bucks apiece and all, not bad, considering that they are like 45 in the book.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I milled a 3 1/2" or 4" (can't remember exactly) riser outa an aluminum block. Looks tits with the mill marks and all. Absolutely could not ride my sled w/o that thing!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Depending on what riser you put on you can buy a new pad for like 15bucks. I just picked one up for my sled, it is made by FLY. ROX and SPORTECH make one as well.

I will never ride again without a riser.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
it raises how high the bars are. makes it easier to turn while standing and riding while standing etc....

i have 3 inches on the PS and i love it

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
It also makes the transition to standing easier. Gives you more leverage, makes it easier to roll on the side in deep snow. Makes it easier to ride one skiers :)

If you sit down to ride all the time then there really isnt a need for a riser.
I stand up 90% of the time.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have a 2" riser and 03 MC bars that are 4" taller than my stock bars and a steering post that is 1" longer than stock. I can finally stand up on my sled without crouching over or bending my knees powder riding is gonna be a lot easier this winter. (I did a lot of mods this summer but this is the one that I think is going to make the biggest difference.) I only sit down on high speed runs and on some trails. If you sit most of the time don't bother with the risers. If like most of us who spend our time off trail you are standing virtually all the time its the only way to fly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts