Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DNoel mentioned the possiblility of getting together at Revelstoke this season. Got me thinking about a bunch of us hooking up for some fun. Who would be interested, and obviously what dates would work best for you. Personally, I'm only 4 hours away so most weekends are open right now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd definately be interested,.. we obviously sled in the same area,... I'm self employed so time off is easy for me. I'm a 6-7 hr drive to arrive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would go for that to. I am about 9 hours away but let me know when you all want to go and I should be able to get time off.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Were exactly in BC is Revelstoke, OK it would be a hell of a drive for me but it looks likes a nice area, and I've got some vacation. (Somebody send me a link or something on how to get there from the Alcan Hwy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
YO! I'm in. my GF and I will likely be there anyways! I just need a good amount of lead time to ensure the schedule will work for me.
Pneuman

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 2000TCMC
[br]Were exactly in BC is Revelstoke, OK it would be a hell of a drive for me but it looks likes a nice area, and I've got some vacation. (Somebody send me a link or something on how to get there from the Alcan Hwy.
http://www.lodging.bc.ca/images/big_bc_map.gif

Once you get to Fort St. John or Dawson Creek, it looks like it would be best to head SW thru Prince George, Williams Lake, Cache Creek, then head east thru Kamloops and on to Revy. That would be some drive, but you'd sure see some great country. There's enough sledding around Revy to make it worth your while. How much time you got off?

G

·
Flange,
I am thinking spring riding is the best. March. Lots of snow in March. Covers up all the rocks. I don't know about that area to much but if it is anything like the rest of the rocky mountians, there are some BIG rocks. 5-6 foot base with some spring snow dumps is the best. I don't get vacations but I do get spring break. It is from March 15-19 including the weekend before and after. Any thoughts about spending spring break in the snow instead of Ft. Lauderdale.

D

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I've could take a week for a trip. I would probably take a ferry to prince george from Haines. It sounds like it would probably be like a 3500 mile drive by the time I got done, so as nice as it might be it is a little out of the way even by Alaska standards.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by 2000TCMC
[br]I would probably take a ferry to prince george from Haines
I think you meant to say "Prince Rupert"? Nevertheless, that's a hell of a drive...7000 miles of ditch!

G

·
Flange,
Yes, my spring break is from the 15th-19th of March. I also have the weekend before and the weekend after. It will be hard to get up there for a much of a weekend ride because of travel time. I can travel up on the Saturday and stay for Sunday and the rest of the week.

D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I was planning on being there March 12, 13, and 14. Maybe I'll change the 12th to the 15th instead, and extend it to the 16th. It will be difficult to stay any longer than that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts