Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Monte Carlo and recently have noticed that when I put it in gear that it makes a whining noise. It also goes along with the RPM of the motor. Anyone else seen this with this tranny? The tranny came in most of the GM cars with the 3100, 3800, and the 3400 motors. It is the 4 speed auto. If you have seen a similar problem let me know. I would appreciate it.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of GM auto Tranny's! lol.... seriously it sounds like a rebuild is in your future!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my moms boyfreind take a look at it on sat. He said that it is not something he would worry about just yet. He said if it gets worse than something should be done. I am just used to my old car yet that rattled and sqeaked when the wind blew over it. I might just be making more out of it than it is.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
125 Posts
possibly a bearing, or a clutch plate .. talking automatic, talking $$$ to repair. That's why I love manuals .. even though I'm driving an auto right now *grin* Manuals can be costly to repair as well .. but nothing like an Auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts