Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a coolant leak on my '98 Silverado. I believe its leaking from between the intake and the block. I haven't gotten it pressure tested, but thats the only place it can be. I've heard this is relatively common on the 350s. Has anyone ever done this job? Is there any catches, or just helpful little hints? I'm going on monday to pick up the parts, and hopefully by tuesday afternoon the job is done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
it is simple job to do. unhook all electical connections on the manifold, the coolant and fule lines and there is 8 bolts holding the intake on. oh, and when you pull the distributer, mark it! as to where it came out. theses trucks with the newer vortec engines are notorious for doin this. if i was closer i could help. sorry

·
Registered
32 Posts
by the way, you do not have to split the intake manifold in to 2 pieces. just unbolt it from the heads.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Your probobly going to have to remove the driver's side valve cover as well, Im not 100% on which side. Make sure you get rid of as much oil/coolant you may find on the block between the heads and clean the manifold the best you can. It's not that hard to do, just take your time and double check everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts