Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a set of riser blocks for about five bucks. i bought a piece of bar stock half inch by two inch of hardend aluminum a foot long or enough for a six inch rise but could only go three without having to change brake hose or throttle cable. they were great i never realized that rasing the bars that little bit would make a huge difference. man my knees didnt hit the bars and my knees were a lot less tired. i felt it in my shoulders and neck muscles.

just something to write.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Did it seem to handle any better w/the risers, have more controll? I was thinking about getting a set for my sled, but wans't sure if it was worth it or not.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
they are definately worth it, especially if you have a stand up riding style. i have a 3" rise on my sled. your's is a gen II correct madcow? i'd like to increase mine more, but was unaware if the brake lines would allow for it.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I may make a riser soon since I have metal shop at school and rarely do anything. Just make a couple for a bunch of sleds so no matter what I am riding next year I can use it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You guys should look into an IsoVibe. It is a riser that provides isolation from vibration. Go here: www.gripnripracing.com to check it out. IMO is one of the best investments that you can make. This thing makes a huge difference and I personally will never rider a sled without one.

It really helps with all of the trail chatter. It also helps on those "uh-oh" frontal landings.

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2001 ZR 600 EFI w/heelclickers
2003 F7 EFI on order

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
EXACTLY!! i think i can handle a little vibration, especially for a price like that.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man o man i couldnt believe how much more control on the trail i had. i would have never believed it if someone told me. especially at high speeds!!! I am not picking on the twins but my tripple runs so smooth at the handle bars i would waste the time of putting iso vibes on if i got them for free. but on the twin i had i sure could have used them.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cheap bastards!!!!! It's the best $119 you'll spend on your sled, don't knock it until you try it!!!

Unbelievable...........

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2003 F7 EFI on order

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i'm 18, i can handle some roughness yet. i could buy all the running board grips and my risers for the price of that, and i guarentee i would miss them more if i didn't have them versus that vibe thing. wither way, i've seen them and for what you get (material fo product), they are a rip.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey you can afford the sled right??? That's gotta cost something?? If you saved your money on frivilous things that do nothing for the performance of the sled (ie: stickers, colored hyfax, etc.), then you would have the money to buy this.

Anyhow, It's my opinion and like I said, unless you've tried one, you can't say its not worth the money!!!!!!

Hey let's face it, its not a cheap sport, nothing we are going to do about it.

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2003 F7 EFI on order

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ZREFI:
Hey you can afford the sled right??? That's gotta cost something?? If you saved your money on frivilous things that do nothing for the performance of the sled (ie: stickers, colored hyfax, etc.), then you would have the money to buy this.

Anyhow, It's my opinion and like I said, unless you've tried one, you can't say its not worth the money!!!!!!

Hey let's face it, its not a cheap sport, nothing we are going to do about it.

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2003 F7 EFI on order
[/quote]
hahahaha, that's funny man. i'm 18 like i said earlier. i have this sled and a car, and at 18 with only a summer job i can't afford $120 parts- the gas, oil, and other maintinence adds up plenty already. yeah, and colored hyfax are the exact same price as white or black, and the stickers really did put me out, $3 i think. guess if i don't buy another 40 i can get those risers. also, at 18 heading into college, it's quite hard to justify anything that's worth $120.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
man calm the hell down. I am sure they probably work ok but I am not spending $120 to find out. And sorry I am not just gonna take your word on it. I am too cheap to pay for a $30 riser let alone that. that is $120 I could spend on headers for my truck. I am not gonna spend over $100 on something for my sled that doesn't lighten it up big time, add horsepower or torque, or improve clutching.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For my 98 zr sno-pro all there is is 2 2" solid blocks of alluminan for the riser and that's all i need, i had boulght a 3" riser for my xcr (37.99) and it was a big help! there was no vibration or anything never was, if i need another one i am with Sled_Dog and will make one in shop class. as for the sno-pro i never rode it on trails yet to see about vibration anyway, i just added them last week, I got strong arms HeHe.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a hommade riser on my xlt. 2 1/4 inch. helps alot. i love it. now my back doesn't hurt, cause i do a lot of stand up riding and it helps much more.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i have a 3" now, but wouldn't mind adding a couple- 3 more inches. maybe i'll just have to make them this time since it's roughly 10 bucks an inch anyway.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
21 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
man calm the hell down. I am sure they probably work ok but I am not spending $120 to find out. And sorry I am not just gonna take your word on it. I am too cheap to pay for a $30 riser let alone that. that is $120 I could spend on headers for my truck. I am not gonna spend over $100 on something for my sled that doesn't lighten it up big time, add horsepower or torque, or improve clutching.

[/quote]

Who isn't calm??? Just because I have my opinion and it conflicts with yours, I'm getting excited??? Please. You got one thing right, your cheap and so apparently are alot of the other on this board.

I think that I may be playing with the wrong crowd over here, is everyone 18 years old and broke????

LMAO at all of you!

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2003 F7 EFI on order

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ZREFI:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

[/quote]

Who isn't calm??? Just because I have my opinion and it conflicts with yours, I'm getting excited??? Please. You got one thing right, your cheap and so apparently are alot of the other on this board.

I think that I may be playing with the wrong crowd over here, is everyone 18 years old and broke????

LMAO at all of you!

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2003 F7 EFI on order
[/quote]

you do need to simmer down a bit man. yeah i'm cheap. i'll admit to that- cheap enough to not spend 120 bucks on risers. it isn't my game, it is yours- that's my opinion, don't go beserk over it. i'm 18 yes, and broke so to say, but it doesn't mean i can't have fun with out that vibe thing. and i'm not a moderator, but as a member i think that last comment was quite inappropriate. have a nice day.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
21 Posts
First, Mr. Sled Dog and Mr. Xc racer, Neither one of you have any right to tell me what to do. OK??? Good. Now, no one is excited here, I don't know why you continue to think that posting a conflicting opinion and yes, throwing around some BS makes some one all excited.

As I previously said, I am obviously not playing with the right crowd here. I will from here on not be posting here, you obviously aren't mature enough yet to deal with me.

....I'm gonna report you to a moderator...... HA!!! LMAO!!! Your funny, you need some cheese to go with your whine???

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2003 F7 EFI on order

1 - 20 of 25 Posts