Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 97 xc 440 with a 500 fugi in it, wont run with out me touching the gas on and off. Then stalled and wont start. Made a huge bang noise.

Filled up last night with gas/oil. Can it be bad oil/gas?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
When was the last time you took the carbs of your fuji engine and cleaned them?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sounds like possible Ice in system, or water. Clean the carbs, check throttle cable adjustment, for the switch in the handle bars, pesky little thing, Sounds like you inherited somebody elses headache. Hopefully the engine was set up correctly in the mounts. check clutch alignment, and belt tension, seems they always forget those 2 installation necessities

·
Registered
690 Posts
the big bang noise was most likely just a backfire, that happens everyonce in a while to me, the big bang noise is nothing to worry about

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carbs were just cleaned. Belt tention is bang on and the clutches were just aligned. I know the guy I got it from so its gotta be somthing with the oil/gas mixture. She starts up fine now just wont stay running with out me touching the throttle. Im gunna check a few more things.

I should have her going today but all the snows wet. But she ran good the last week.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Even though the carbs were just cleaned, doesn't mean the carbs aren't the problem We've seen enough posts here where a little piece of lint or dirt clogged a jet right after the carbs were cleaned. Fuel starvation on idle, turn you idle screw out a 1/4 turn. needle valve are for 1/4 to 3/4 throttle so they probably are the culprit. Pilot jet most likey imo.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have seen the carb cable come out of a slide.The guy was flipping the throttle and it bogged,backfired and died.Don't ask me how it came out but it did,causing only one slid to work.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
stick that 700 motor in and call it a sleeper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts