Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys as some of u may no im on the hunt to get a 2002 polaris xcsp 500 for around 2500, well i got word from a friend that his nephew was selling his 2010 polaris rush for a really decent price, probalby around 4k. so i was just thinkin about buying the 500 ves motor itself and the rush and saving the 600 for later and putting the 500 in it. my main question is could it be done and how well would it work out.

thanx,

Nels

·
Registered
863 Posts
my question is, why would you put an older motor in a new sled?
not sure what your plan is here.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
whats up w/ u and that 500 lol

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
no offense but that would be a bonehead move. Our rush keeps up with our 09' 800 til at least 90. I used to have an 09' 600 as well and I'll tell you what, the rush is night and day faster. From the crate, the rush is clutched amazing. Please don't ruin a good sled. 4 g's is a steal too. You're starting to see them in the 5 range since the leftover 10's are going for a little over 8.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The biggest question is why would you even consider going down cc's? 600 or bigger for me after my current sled, except maybe a 440. Buy the rush and ride it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
This doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
skidooguymxz550 said:
parents wont let you get bigger than a 500?
haha no its for my racing class and i dont exactly know if i wanna go from a 500 to a 600cc engine cuz thers a big hp difference. but its mainly for racing, but in the past few hours ive gone back & forth in my head and im thinkin bout stickin w/ the 600 but i havent talked too much about it w/ my dad. (im 14).

who knows maybe i could race in the ametuer 600 class and get used to the 120 hp b4 that, so i guess time will tell.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
500v.e.s = 105HP.
600h.0 v.e.s = 120HP.

Enter the 600 stock, amature class, forget about the 500.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well it dont really matter cuz the seller had another buyer and the other buyer was willing to give 5 and i dont got that much to spend. 4 was my limit. so i guess im gunna go for the 02 xcsp 500^^^^^. so i guess thats it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
14 years old and have 4 grand to spend on a snowmobile? Either dad's willing to spend 4 grand on you or you really do have 4 grand, in which case save it for college. you'll need it, trust me.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
fyi I have a friend with an 03' xcsp 700 for 2500.
I think it's getting old for racing though

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
So many sleds you could buy for four grand, pretty much anything from 2008 down. You could probably get an iq shift 600 for around 4.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Empire087 said:
So many sleds you could buy for four grand, pretty much anything from 2008 down. You could probably get an iq shift 600 for around 4.
i thought of that too and im gunna check out some classifieds, craiglist, and maybe kijiji.

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
14 years old and have 4 grand to spend on a snowmobile? Either dad's willing to spend 4 grand on you or you really do have 4 grand, in which case save it for college. you'll need it, trust me.
pretty much dad but i work with him almost everyday when i dont have other things goin on like sports and stuff, but i got like 500ish maybe 600 myself, of saved money.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
^^^
That sounds honest to me anyway.

If you have access to 4K to spend on a sled,
#1, you are in a good place in the market right now as far as being able to get bang for your buck.
#2 I'd go with the best 600 that I could find in the brand that my favorite dealer carries parts for.
I've never heard anyone complain that they just have too much power.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
pro-x220x said:
pretty much dad but i work with him almost everyday when i dont have other things goin on like sports and stuff, but i got like 500ish maybe 600 myself, of saved money.

that will only buy you textbooks for one year.
I'd say if you have a running sled right now, keep it. you'll be glad you saved the money.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts