Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me about your cheap snowmobile find, for only $500. I know there out there I just want to hear about them.

If you purchased a sled for $500, tell about it and say what it was.

·
Registered
238 Posts
at the end of last season i bought a 2000 polaris xcsp 500 for $500, needed a thermostat

·
Registered
151 Posts
I dont fit the $500 dollar boat but I got 86 indy 400 $130. I replace cylinders gaskets and pistons, runs great now.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I bought my '99 XC 500, a '95 XCR 600, and a three place trailer for $2700 in 2008, everything in fantastic condition. Sold the trailer for $1200 and parted out the XCR. I got down to the point where I only had $350 invested into the XC. It has since been altered from stock in many ways and I currently have $690 into it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Last year I bought my first sled for 500 bucks. It was listed as a Polaris 400 liquid. I got it home and ran it for 20 maybe 25 min and the top end blew! It was never a 400. It is a 488 fan in a 400 chassis. I had no clue what I was doing!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My first sled was an 89 Indy 500 that I got for $400. Ran that fora year amd then I found a 92 Indy 500 EFI for $500. Got a few seasons out of of that one. Then I decided to upgrade a little and I picked up my current sled, a 97 XLT Limited for $1500. This will be my 4th season with that one. I like to have fun in the snow, but I'm not going to spend a ton of money doing it. I can have just as much fun on a cheap sled as I could on a brand new one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ol ladys Sled Paid 500 with iffy title card. Sled ran good track good for 2 more seasons maby 3 more if we dont get snow soon lol!! No work done to it other then new belt plugs and gas. well with a little tracking down last owner on the card got a bill of sale and she rdy for winter here is some pic its a 90 indy 500 liquid cooled

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
My bro in law paid $500 for his '97 Formula Z. It looks kind of rough but just runs and runs...kind of like that battery bunny. Doing new front shocks and skis this year along with a seat cover. He may have around 8 into it then but just a great sled....for a purple Doo anyways.

Sorry no pics....can't upload purple sled pics for some reason.... ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
just picked this up last week...$400 cash

95 xlt indy special...choke it, 3 pulls with a LITTLE throttle and it fires right up!
i havent even changed the gas (2 years old) or the plugs yet!
4500 miles on it, all stock...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i got a 94 xlt for $400 ran great then i blew a belt at wot and it took out my crank seal..... droped in a 650 and never looked back!

·
Registered
509 Posts
RMK-KING said:
$100
Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Motorsport Sled

$100
Vehicle Snowmobile Motorsport Personal water craft Boating

$400
Snowmobile Vehicle Sled Snow Winter sport

All of them were in running condition when I got them[/color=yellow].

Key Words lol Those were pretty good deals

·
Registered
317 Posts
my cousin bough a 700 arctic cat so he gave me his formula sl that since hes been busy at his job and didn't want to take the time to rebuild it so over all a $200 sled after everything was fixed. and i found my exciter at the junk yard for free and all it needed was a jack shaft bearing that i had off a different sled so i got it for free, and all the paper work was still with it so i even got the former owner to make me a sales receit so i could register it

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
Exciterfan44 said:
RMK-KING said:
All of them were in running condition when I got them[/color=yellow].

Key Words lol Those were pretty good deals

They are all still running several yrs later as far as I know. Sold them all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just bought a 198? Yamaha Excel III for $100 this fall. owner said it might need new cdi. I cleaned the fuel pump and 2 pulls fired right up. Now just charging the battery for electric start will be a great yard runner for the kids.
Oh yeah this is the cleanest looking sled I have seen for the age, hardly a scratch on it and nice glossy/ugly brown paint

1 - 20 of 29 Posts