Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the local polaris/skidoo dealer a few days ago and just for kicks looked through thier used sleds parked outside. I noticed that there was a mxz which im thinking is 02 or newer because correct me if im wrong but i think skidoo put the little divider on the headlight for the first time in 02. Anyway I was checkin it out and it was in pretty nice shape but i couldnt help but notice that there was a sticker on the hood that said 500ss and i thaught that skidoo made the first 500ss in 04. maybe im wrong? either way it was a pretty nice sled and if things keep going the way they are with my sled i might have to look into it, wether its a 500ss or not. Can anyone tell me if it really is a 500ss or did someone just put different stickers on it?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I've never seen a 500ss in a 02 model, however the 500ss is actually a 600cc motor! so someone may of had a mxz 600 and wanted to change the stickers to the 500ss. the most noticible difference that I have noticed between the standard 600 and my 500ss is the flat slide carbs that my sled has, compared to the round slide carbs that my friends 600 mxz has.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to tell you the truth i dont know how much they want for it but i am getting more and more interested. I guess they could have put 500ss stickers on it for insurance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You are correct, Ski-doo came out with the 500ss in 2004 in the REV chassis, the 500ss is the 600cc motor out of the ZX chassis, they label it 500ss for better sales to customers who want to keep insurance cost down and still have a 600 motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts